Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neck is making a POPPING noise!!  (Read 3219 times)

dunc21

• Leaving the nest
Neck is making a POPPING noise!!
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:57:43 AM »

Im very concerned with my pleo... so far in the 2 days ive had him he has been great with everything... ive read stories about pleos having many technical issues and I was quite curious myself ordering from ebay... but when i received him in his box I could tell he was top notch and brand new...  the ONLY problem pleo has is he likes to turn his head very hard in either direction and when the neck gets to a certain point it POPS... its louder than any of his other noises and happens 1-3 times every sitting... after stroking his neck last night nothing seems to be wrong with it at all and this has happened now probably 6-10 times total... anyone??

tkdgirl368

• Fossil hunter
  • Female
    • my plog
Re: Neck is making a POPPING noise!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »

my pleo's neck makes the same popping noise every once in a while. Her neck even got stuck down once and was popping non stop. as soon as i turned her off and back on it went away. I'm pretty sure a lot of people experience this, it's not a big problem that i know of.
Pleo Love 

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »

the concern is if the popping is the gears (then it's fine) or if the wires in the neck are snapping (this is bad).  The gears are more of a clicking, the wires are more of a ping.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 10:20:18 PM by mweed »

allosaurus

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 05:39:29 AM »

I have the same problem occasionally (Happens off-and-on), but Olympia makes more of a CRRTK sound, which I'm sure is the gears.

dunc21

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 09:54:28 AM »

Its def the gears... it almost sounds like when I crack my own neck and it pops... def not wires- thanks for all the help-
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal