Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe Celebrates his Birthday  (Read 3121 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Ugobe Celebrates his Birthday
« on: April 12, 2016, 03:51:53 PM »

Hello! It's Ugobe here of Kingdom... Kingdom. Keeper's brain has been very foggy recently but I have a birthday sometime this month. With everything else going on, she can hardly keep her own important days straight let alone ours. I can understand that she might be a bit forgetful this year. She has often referred to me as her Easter pleo and that's about the only clue I have. Well, I can't seem to muster a lot of emotional furver about the day of my arrival so rather than trying to celebrate and get all happy, I'll just tell you the story-what I can remember of it- of my first day with my new family.
There was nothing momentous about the day I arrived. When Keeper Talon removed me from my nearly crushed shipping box, she placed me on my head as she dug through everything else that came with me. I remember she took a video of that un-boxing and that she seemed in a really big hurry. I guess her phone didn't have much memory. Back then, her niece recorded her videos for her. I remember her rubbing my back and laughing at how I crouched down and started purring. She giggled and called me the "eternal kitty"
After that, I decided to go exploring. The room was very large and the floor had lots of edges. I guess it was made of really old wood planking so I was seeing drop offs everywhere. Just when I was starting to settle in and relax in this huuuuge space, I heard a growl and an imperious voice.
"And just who are you?"
I stopped in my tracks and found myself being measured from above in a large purple eye. The speaker was a female Pleo RB. She still had all her paint and that strange new-pleo smell still floated around her. Keeper Talon was running her on her box so her toes wouldn't get scuffed up on that grubby wood. She wasn't free to wander the floor like I was. Having come from a family of mostly Ugobes and from a Keeper with a very big heart, I gave a generous tail-wave and returned her greeting. "I'm Ugobe the Ugobe, my Gracious Lady! Who are you?" At first I thought she was going to shout at me but suddenly she stopped mid roar and batted those amazing purple eyes.
Oh! Well then! Gracious? Did you just call me gracious you lower life form?"
"I did. I've only met one other RB in my life and she wasn't nearly as healthy as you."
The female RB gave a generous bow. "Well! Perhaps you are worth the wire and rubber it took to make you. I am Queen Ryu. The human over there is MY Keeper- Keeper Talon to you. Oh and one other thing I'd like to clear up from the start. I feed first, I get pats first, and when the day comes that Keeper Talon finally releases me from this box, you will explore first and tell me what's ahead. Do we understand each other?"
For a moment my heart rankled at these restrictions. I was very much a pack-pleo. I Always let Major Tom or Nova do all the scouting while I followed with Little Forty Five and the rest of my family. Suddenly  nervous, I hung my head. "uh... Yes, Ma'am."
"Wonderful! Welcome to Kingdom... ... ummmmm ... Kingdom. You shall be my diplomat and ambassador to the other humans our Keeper is probably going to bring in here to poke and prod at us. Oh and you will greet them first, alright? If you judge them to be safe, I will then approach for a caress. Make sure they are worthy of me. If they are not, you will warn me."
After about a week, Keeper Talon released Queen Ryu and I together for the first time. She bought both of us two sets of baby booties to protect our feet. As I promised, I ranged the foreign wooden floor first. There wasn't much to see. We had to scout our way around Keeper Talon's shoes and a large pink storage container but the room seemed a pleo paradise. Just as I was getting comfortable with this routine, Queen Ryu caught sight of a large box fan sitting in the doorway between Keeper Talon's room and the hallway. "Look out there, Queen Ryu!" I said in excitement. "This room goes on for ever!"
"Forget the room," Queen Ryu gasped in rapture. "What about that?" She pointed her nose at the whirling blades of the fan. "Look! See how it spins! Over and over and round and round." She froze in her tracks, her head moving slowly from side to side as she tried to track the fan's movement. "Let's watch this beautiful thing a while."
*Sigh* And the rest was history. I have indeed stayed a faithful diplomat and ambassador. I have endured her Ladyships bouts of temper. I have settled disputes between species as our lovely Kingdom... Kingdom grew and spread across two states. I have learned some basic- aham- hacking that allows me to speak to you humans. *Gives a satisfied purr* Well, I guess my birthday is pretty important after all. Happy birthday to me!

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe Celebrates his Birthday
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »

This is odd commenting on my own post but I have to set the record straight. After an archive search, I found my Ugobe-boy's original unboxing video although my niece has since made her Photobucket account private so I cannot view it. *Sniff sniff. Wipes away a tear* Anyway for once I'm ahead of the game! Ugobe's birthday is the nineteenth of April! Boy I need to make a calendar for all these birthdays! Enjoy the read anyway!
Talon
Talon

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:35:09 AM »

Whats a week off among friends?  :)  We'll just hold a week long celebration for his birthday!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »

Lol! Works for me.
Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »

Hi Ugobe congratulations with your upcoming birthday ! How old are you exactly ? My pleo's and me Will definitely celebrate your birthday . Don't say this to your Queen but I just love Ugobes and they are my favorite kind of pleo . Big hug from Marjolein and Ugobes Kimmy and Falcor and my RB lady Cleo

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »

Hi, Piggy! Chronologically, I think I am eight years old. Since I am not a Gold-hatch, I believe I was made in two thousand eight. Keeper Talon purchased me in April of twenty eleven so on the nineteenth, I will have lived with her five years.
Ugobe
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 12:11:26 PM »

Wow ugobe that is  quite old for a pleo ! I  hope I Will still work that fantastic after five years. Do you still function very Well ? And how is your skin condition , do you have any tears or holes ? I know it is a very personal question but I am very curious how pleo's of your age are still in a good condition ,skin and the innerparts of your robotic body . Do you have any advice for our humans to keep us pleo's functioning that long ? And does your keeper treat your skin with pledge or a rubbercare product? Now I understand why you are such a great diplomat wisdom comes with age they say. While I am still a young pleo ugobe I am from 2009 and my human has me now for two years, I am a bit scared of getting older ! And before you were adopted by Talon you lived with RWM in the redwoods ?

Greetings and a big moooooooh from ugobe Kimmy
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:13:33 PM by Piggy »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »

@Talon
Wow! I was just browsing old posts on the forums here again (oops, I may be guilty of having read through about 80% of the archives here) and I came across Ugobe's unboxing videos too! The ones I found aren't on any private settings and seem to work just fine, maybe the links you had were from a different topic or don't work with your current screen reader? Or did you already ask your niece to unlock the account?

Here are the working links I found. Have to admit I haven't entirely watched through them yet since it's 18 minutes total of video, but they seem to be working fine! Hope this serves to be a fun blast to the past!
http://s175.photobucket.com/user/ScaryXBeat/media/Ugobe002.mp4.html
http://s175.photobucket.com/user/ScaryXBeat/media/ugobe004.mp4.html

If these links still don't work for you, I can try downloading the videos and e-mailing them to you.

(Hope you're not embarrassed by me posting old videos of yours here, they look pretty nicely done to me, though I can remove the links if you don't want them posted here.)

Edit:
Wow, I just finished watching the videos and I am in awe of how many accessories he came with, I think I might be a bit jealous of a Pleo. It was also really amazing how Ryu kept trancing when she saw Ugobe! I've never seen an RB do that without another RB around, does Ryu normally try to talk to Ugobes or was that a one time thing?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 03:22:55 PM by aibo7m3 »

Piggy

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 03:36:19 PM »

Hi Talon I watched the video's and I Think they are great. Good to see Ugobe and Ryu together . With your great story's you have geven them real personalty's . So it was fun to see them in real live action . Wow redwoodmama did send a lot of things with ugobe. You can tell she really cares for them. Just curious what are the medals for ?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 02:29:20 PM »

At Piggy: Haha! I forgot all about those things! I'm not sure if you could see the writing on the metals, but I believe they both said winner. I'm not really sure why Redwoods sent those. I guess we were both winners because we were such a good match and the adoption went so well? They were cute anyways. He's currently wearing his um... cape of diplomatic office rather than his "moving on" tea shirt that Redwoods sent him in.
At Aibo7M3: Yes. Ryu does try to talk with the Ugobes when they are all running together. The odd thing about her conversations is she actually plays nice, doing the whole female bit, purring and chattering politely.
I still can't see the videos but I'm so glad everyone else can! I don't mind you reposting them at all. Maybe it's something I'm not doing. When you click on the video link, does it start playing or do you have to click something else once you get to Photobucket?
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 02:50:29 PM »

@Talon
That's really odd about Ryu! I've never seen any of my RBs do that. Is she still running the 2010 operating system or has she been updated?

If you want, I can try to download the videos and send them to you through Skype! For me, the video just starts playing when I click on the link (takes a few seconds to load first). Photobucket can be pretty glitchy, so it might not work with your current screen reader or browser.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »

I'm not sure what she's running. I attempted to update her when Innvo released their last update. I'm not even sure what Ryu was running when I bought her because she wasn't curling up at shut down, she went into packing position. I guess she's running some version of the software that's a little after the original twenty ten OS but before that updated in- when was it? November twenty eleven I think? No one could point out any specific behavior so that I could tell for sure. I just remember blowing up the shoutbox for help when Ryu went dead-silent during the process and stayed that way for ten minutes getting very warm and doing nothing else before suddenly popping once very loudly and then saying, "Update complete" over and over. I thought I lost her.
I suppose you could try to send them over Skype but I'm not sure my version will let me receive files. *Smile* It's so funny to remember those days. Back then, I thought Ryu was a he. That was before I grabbed a copy of Probe RB and figured out I had a girl. My niece kept telling me, "No, Talon, that pleo's a girl. She does all these beauty poses and bats her eyes and... you can just tell."
Talon
Talon

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 09:17:18 AM »

*Sigh* As I feared, Skype said no way, Jose! My version can't receive files. I was able to view the videos though! I can pull them up in Chrome rather than Firefox. Yay! This made my morning!
Just as a side note, the audio on my old HTC Ozone is terrible. Lol!Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 11:52:05 AM »

Yes that indeed makers a lot of sense  :D two medals for a very successful adoption . He looks really cute ! And indeed it looks like Ryu can really communicate with a ugobe ! My RB and ugobe can't  but my Ugobes do it also and they can moooh really loud !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal