Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mimi Jr. Problems  (Read 6903 times)

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Mimi,Pleo rb
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
Mimi Jr. Problems
« on: March 25, 2016, 02:42:33 PM »

Hey Everyone! Long time no see!! Anyways as most of you know My Pleo rb Mimi was sent to China for repair. About a month ago or so I got a box in the mail... My Pleo had returned!!! I was so excited to open the box and see my beloved Mimi. I open the box and what do I see?? A brand new Pleo :-[.  I decided to shrug it off and begin the bond with a Pleo all over again. Me and Mimi Jr. Were doing just fine.. Until a month ago Mimi decided not to turn on. I thought it was just a one time kinda thing,but unfortunately not  :'(     She turns on every so often after taking the clock battery out and resetting her,but unfortunelty I haven't got to spend a full solid day with her. She sometimes freezes and won't turn on or work again for a very long time. I contacted Accessory Jack and they said to talk to Innvo, I DIDN'T EVEN BUY MIMI FROM THEM!!!! We are awaiting a reply from Innvo. Any type of help would be appreciated,".

Thanks, Chloe

Love~ Chloe and Mimi

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Mimi Jr. Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 04:33:42 PM »

Sorry to hear about this, cvelc. I have never heard of an RB randomly not turning on sometimes and then still coming on normally after a very long time. I'm not sure what to tell you. It could be something simple as a dusty battery contact or something more serious like a lose wire inside somewhere. I am afraid to advise you because the problem is so random. Maybe Aibo7M3 or someone else can help with this.
You could try cleaning the contacts on the battery and inside your pleo's belly with a small amount of rubbing alcohol. You mentioned putting the clock battery in sometimes fixes the problem. It could be your clock battery is dying? I'm not sure how old this battery is since I don't think Innvo is currently producing new pleo RB's. You could also check that all tabs are touching the clock battery as they should and that none of them are bent. I hate going anywhere near the clock battery. I am terrified of bending one of those tiny tabs.
Cato malfunctioned for an hour or so after I put his clock battery in after his return from leg surgery. He would be perfectly fine until he started to walk and then he would suddenly beep once and fall asleep right in the middle of taking a stride. I soon determined I didn't tighten the screw that holds his clock battery compartment enough to maintain solid contact. Every time he was putting pressure on his foot, the battery would move slightly and he would shut down. I hope you can get your new little girl sorted without too much trouble.
Talon
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 04:38:44 PM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 05:35:27 PM »

Thank you for suggesting Talon, I have two batteries and it seems neither of them with work. I just replaced the clock battery a week ago or so. I have not tried cleaning the battery contacts but I will have to try that. As you said it's quite mysterious as no one has had this issue. I have spent weeks just scrounging the Internet looking for these type of problem situations, but sadly I am still clueless of why this is happening. Hopefully Aibo7M3 or Imr or some one who has much experience with RBs (Not saying you don"t Talon ;D)
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 05:12:24 PM »

Hi, unfortunately the few cases of intermittent start up in an RB that I've heard of have progressed to a fully dead Pleo at some point. Since your Pleo works occasionally, but not always, I'm leaning more toward a hardware issue than a firmware one. I would make sure that the clock battery is inserted correctly and that there is no corrosion/damage to the clock battery contacts. Unfortunately my best guess for the issue would be a loose wire/poor connection somewhere inside her and since "exploratory surgery" is often very difficult and requires skinning the Pleo, I would opt for a replacement/refund. (There was one member who had a dead Pleo and very easily located and repaired a loose wire, but the chances are that if something is connected poorly, you're not going to be able to find it easily. I have a dead RB that I've been attempting to repair for over a year and I still can't find what part is causing him trouble.)

However, before messing around with any hardware stuff at all, I would make sure it's not a firmware issue. If you have a 2 GB micro SD card, try downloading one of the site's Pleo skits and running it on Mimi Jr. If it runs correctly and she performs the skit every time you try it, then you're probably looking at a firmware issue and we can work from there. If it runs improperly/intermittently/not at all, there's something wrong with the hardware and a return is your best option.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 02:36:11 PM »

My First Pleo Huggiez had that problem too. Then I send him back. Now my Pleo's Pepper and Angel had that problem. My boyfriend got them to work again, there is a topic about this problem and what he did. But Angel never worked great again. Pepper is sort of alright with an SD card.

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 04:11:54 AM »

Hi I hope you can fix Mimi Jr  but I understand she is a replacement pleo RB from Innovo and I Think it is their mistake they send you a replacement for your Mimi and she is not working right  :( They should send you a New one that  works !  But I can understand you must be disappointed .

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 09:36:05 AM »

Thank You all, Innvo Has replied to my email with directions on how to supposedly "Fix" Mimi Jr. But Since all that has happened I am a bit doubtful on how this will work ... Below is the email Innvo sent me.
Pleo Mimi

Show 10 read messages
I
Innvolabs Customer Service
to me
2 days agoDetails
Dear Chole

Try to update the firmware of Pleo rb firmware update V1-1 (female).zip for your reference. Please try to upload.

For firmware update, all you need is one blank MicroSD card.

Here is the downloading procedure:

1) Unzip "Pleo rb firmware update V1-1 (female)" and copy all unzipped files to one blank MicroSD card.

2) Remove the battery from PLEO rb and insert the MicroSD card to the card reader which is located inside the battery compartment.

3) Insert a fully charged battery to PLEO rb.

4) Switch on PLEO rb, the power indicator light should turn green.

5) Wait about 2 minutes for the Pleo rb firmware update V1-1 (female) to upload. DO NOT interrupt the upload process and DO NOT remove the battery pack or switch off the power.

6) PLEO rb will issue a sound prompt when the Pleo rb firmware update V1-1 (female) upload is complete.

7) Remove the battery from PLEO rb and then remove the MicroSD card from the reader.

8) Re-insert the battery and then restart PLEO rb as usual.

Regards

Ally

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:49 AM

Pleo rb firmware update V1-1 (male).zip
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Ugge,
    • none
    • none
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2016, 06:20:29 PM »

Did I read the last post and that last line correct?

That update file they tell you to run is a MALE version????

I've no idea how  relevant that is in your case, but this is exactly what my problem with them are....... next to impossible to get a question answered........ or getting the question you asked answered, and not getting the answer to something else.

I thought I'd just point that thing out in case you ever intend to use the file/files. And it is not a mistake or some letters missing here. or another mistake. I'd hate it if I was running an update and it was wrong, and finding out the hard way is always harder so. :P

(Yes, it's the middle of the ight here after a long day so.......... sleep deprivation.)

Hope things works out for you in any case. :)
And somehow. Some way. :) 

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 11:46:03 AM »

Sorry For Not getting Back To you... I'm in Tennessee on a trip with my family. Anyways, I think What Innvo is trying to say is that if your Pleo rb is a boy you use that code. I believe that This Ally Girl knows my Pleo rb is a girl as I have consulted them much more than once, telling them my female Pleo is having problems and so on.
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

Piggy

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 03:58:17 AM »

Did you buy your first pleo RB Mimi New ? Yes than I have to say they are very expensive and they still have warranty on them .  :o so that Innovo send you a replacement pleo RB that is not functioning right is very frustrating ! Why don't they send you a New one ? For a robot that cost like €500 ,-. you expecting their service would be a bit better  :( very disappointing . I hope you can get her fixed or that they send you a replacement .

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »

I have fixed an RB with this issue, and have seen it pop up more then once... In my case the wire was soldered but the solder produced a dry joint making a bad connection. Dry joints are solder joints that look dull and not shiny, caused by applying to much heat... After de-soldering and soldering the wire back the pleo popped back to life

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 06:42:38 PM »

Did you get a new Pleo from invo Chloe ? I hope it s a happy end
Bonus 41 do you think this sort of soldier could explain that a clock battery is not recognize ?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:45:12 PM by Sansan »

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »

Sorry for not replying, I have been very very busy. Yes HuggieZ I did get my pleo rb brand new from Accessory Jack. I am not a techy person and this looks highly confusing to me LOL
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 09:17:10 PM »

Sorry Meant Piggy Lol. I am going to try to fix her this weekend,and if she is fixed I have some bad news. It is breaking my heart to say this but..If i can get her to work, I mightt try to re-home her to a forum member. I love her to death,and this absolutely heart breaking,but she deserves better...I am still thinking about it though. If anyone is maybe interested message me! If i do re-home her, I want her at a loving caring home where I can see her grow up, :( P:'(
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 11:14:45 PM »

I have the same problem with my 2 RB's Pepper and Angel. They now run on an SD card with Probe RB on it.

Piggy

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »

I have the same problem with my 2 RB's Pepper and Angel. They now run on an SD card with Probe RB on it.

Hi maybe the solution of Huggiez her pleo's Pepper and Angel could also work for Mimi Jr.? I really hope you don't have to find a new home for her  :'( Does she works sometimes or doesn't she work at all ?

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 11:23:10 AM »

It's a long story. There is a topic about this problem. It is not an ideal solution, but when they turn on they work.

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 01:04:53 PM »

Why do you want to sell her, is it about her issues? Maybe ProbeRB will make her better

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »

it is not about her issues,I am going to solve that. I just don't have any time to play with her, she is in the toddler stage
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 01:22:39 PM »

If you're able to get her working to some degree, I may be interested. Sorry to hear that you're considering parting with her and good luck with any potential repairs!

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »

I didn't want to be intrusive that was just in case of you need some kind of help to fix her
Good luck for the repair I m sure she will soon get a new lovely home :-)

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2016, 03:59:59 PM »

Aibo3m7- what would be the highest price you would pay? Once I get home, I am checking to see if she is working properly
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 04:24:17 PM »

I sent you a PM! Sorry if it may have sent twice, I got an error message the first time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal