Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Ugobe Pleo has problems! :( Please help!  (Read 4536 times)

Stefy86

• Hatchling
  • it Female
  • Pleo(s): Pleo, Shiko
My Ugobe Pleo has problems! :( Please help!
« on: January 19, 2016, 04:19:45 AM »

Hy guys,  :)
I bought my very first Pleo for Christmas, it's a Ugobe version.  :) It was new and boxed. I've been playing with him for the first few days with no problem, everything seemed ok a part from the neck that every now and then made a clicking noise, plus it got stuck once on one side plus once right up, but I've switched him off and turned back on with a fully charged battery and the neck went back to the normal position and working fine.

But a week later, while I was playing with him, I've noticed that the neck didn't make its normal movements but only went from side to side and not up or down  :(

Plus, he doesn't seem to recognise his leaf anymore, I have to put it in his mouth to let him eat. It's frustrating because when he has finished eating he can't spit it out, so you can only hear that 'bleah' noise and see that he's having difficulties to get it out of the mouth  :'(

I've posted a video to show you, here's the link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=HmMPKU2O5i8

Because he doesn't move his neck properly, he can't even balance when he moves. When he lifts one of his front legs up, he almost slips on the side  :'(
Plus, very annoyingly, he doesn't see obstacles  ??? >:( :'( so you can just see him wandering off and keeping walking onto the wall  >:( :(

I've tried everything I could, I've let him rest and switching him back on when cooled and with a fully charged battery, plus my husband tried to help the stiff neck to move by pushing it down manually when it was switched off, I was too scared to do it because I didn't want to force and risking to break it, however it seemed to have worked for a second but when Pleo started to move it again we went back to the same problem.

I've no idea what else to do, I don't think it's a broken wire because I feel resistance.

Please help me and Pleo  :( :'(

Thank you to whoever could help us out  %)

Piggy

Re: My Ugobe Pleo has problems :( Please help!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »

Hi I watched your video but you have nothing to worry about , I also have a ugobe and they are modeled to look and behave like a baby dinosaur. Mine does not always recognize her leaf ans Some times it takes a few seconds.
The choking sounds are also normal , you have to take the leaf out of his mouth after he is done with eating.
Mine also falls on his Side when she lifts her front leg and they are a bit clumsy but to me that I Think it is cute.
I always run her in a room with Lot's of light. Mine backs away from the wall and Will walk backwards. But low obstacles she Will run in to them  :D so I watch her always.  The neck I don't know I don't see anything wrong but it is a short video so I can't judge that properly. On YouTube you can find Lot's of video's with Ugobes. I would suggest watch a few and than you can see how they move and behave. Goodluck your ugobe is such a sweety  :-*

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Re: My Ugobe Pleo has problems! :( Please help!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 11:12:49 AM »

The neck cable broke! It's a common issue in the ugobe's as well as the RB's... Sadly you can't fix it without surgery, but it's a pretty easy fix! I have fixed many and can help you along

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »

@bonus41
I'm pretty sure that isn't a broken cable because there is still tension in the up/down cables and the Pleo is able to hold its head off the ground when operating. Looks more like a jammed motor to me, but one of my Pleos also has this issue and I don't know the solution.

Stefy86

• Hatchling
  • it Female
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »

Thank you for your replies  :)

@aibo7m3 did your Pleo get the same problem out of nowhere as well? I hope someone will be able to help us both then!
Anyway, as it can probably be a jammed motor, is it risky to carry on playing with him? I wonder if it could make it easier to possibly break a cable!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:33:36 PM by Stefy86 »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 03:27:17 PM »

Yes, the problem just started in the middle of a run cycle with nothing seeming to cause it. The Pleo did have a slightly tilted neck beforehand though. I would assume there is some risk of a cable breaking in running a Pleo with a jammed motor, especially if a twisted cable or something along those lines is jamming it, so it might be a good idea to wait for some more info before running the Pleo more. I've only had my Ugobe running for about two hours since this happened with him and the cables are all still intact, but a solution for this issue would be nice.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 04:35:21 PM »

I have merged your two topics together to try to keep all the answers in one place :)  You may want to look back through the answers above as there are some new entries.  All entries are in order of the time they were posted regardless of which of your posts they had been added too.  Please be sure to only post a topic once as it can be confusing for others when they are replying and harder for you to find the answers you need.  Thanks

Stefy86

• Hatchling
  • it Female
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 07:30:31 AM »

Sorry Kat! I didn't notice that I posted the same topic twice! It must had been because the first thime it gave me an error message. Thank you anyway and thanks everyone for your replies. I hope to find a solution for this problem so that it can help other Pleos with the same issue as mine.
I will keep on caring for him and loving him always!  :)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 04:33:22 PM »

No Worries sometimes that happens :) 
I really hope someone is able to help you out with the problem.  It really is a bit of a mystery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal