Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SD Card problem  (Read 3799 times)

Xenophon_Loki666

SD Card problem
« on: June 03, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »

Help.  I bought a pleo and i haven't updated it yet.  I tried to play some of the presonalities on pleo but they dont appear to work.  Pleo on his own works fine.  I download the files to my computer and copied them to a 2gd sd card.  Single files, one at a time. i turn him off and put the card in. turn him on and give him a nudge. nothing.  Tried all sorts of personalities, he wont read anything. It is because he is not updated? did i not copy or load the files right? is a 2gd card too big for him? or does he simply not work with an sd card?  or do i have to activate the sd card reader in him?

HELP!!!!!

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Bob, Mopey
  • : Tomat Harvest Festivals
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: SD Card problem
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »

All the Ugobe personalities require LifeOS1.1.  So, we need to check which OS is installed.  Try rubbing under the chin for 10-15 seconds.  If your pleo starts singing, you have 1.1, otherwise you will need to upgrade first.

A 2GB card should be fine, but smaller is fine.  Bigger will not work. SDHC cards will not work.

You do not need to activate the SD card reader.  It is always active.

The card should be blank, and you copy the file(s) for one personality onto the card.  The file(s) should be in the top level (root) directory.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 06:00:42 PM »

Try also checking the SD in another device and if you can lend an SD card from a friend try another in Pleo just to be sure that it is the SD card not your Pleo that is malfunctioning. My Pleo's will not use one of my cards. You may also want to reformat the SD card, if it was used in a camera then it will not be formatted properly for Pleo.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Xenophon_Loki666

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 07:17:28 PM »

Ive updated pleo.  The sd card works in my computer it was a camera card, but i reformatted it. Again nothing happens.  i nudge pleo when he is on and still nothing. im going to buy a 1gb card and see if that works.  is there a specific action or button you have to press to activate the personality on pleo,

revmondo

• Leaving the nest
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »

I have found its not an instant on when loading from a sd card. At first iI thought it wasnt working at all, just had to be patient. The bigger the file the longer it takes for the pleo to boot up. Just a newbies experience.

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 08:58:58 PM »

That is very true!  Some personalities may take a minute or two to load . . .   seems like forever. ;)

Xenophon_Loki666

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 07:12:24 AM »

should the holiday personality take forever to load?

mweed

• Grand Poobah
  • Triassic pleo master
  • us Male
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Dr_Bunsen_Honeydew
    • Snoopy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:24 AM »

The holiday personality is one of the bugger ones because of all the audio (songs), but no, it shouldn't take "forever".  If your pleo isn't going "ho ho ho" after two minutes, it's not working.

The fact that your pleo does nothing indicates it recognizes that there is an SD card in it, and that there is something on the card.  Which leaves us back at it either being the card or the OS level.

Here's a suggestion:  make sure the card is blank, then take InMemoryofRomeo's Lilo Sound Shadowing demo (see this thread http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=255.0 ) and copy ALL of the files from the zip onto the SD card.  Turn your pleo off, put the card in, and turn back on.  Since this is not a true "personality" that overrides the OS, your pleo should start up pretty normally, but should start making some new noises you've never heard before.   This should work on any OS, so it's a good test of the SD card.

Xenophon_Loki666

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 08:38:53 AM »

thanks, it must be the card hes still not doing anything even with that. i've ordered a 1gb new sd card. maybe that'll fix the problem. fingers crossed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal