Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help!!! Pipa's neck problem :( (video inside)  (Read 3151 times)

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Pipa (RB)
Help!!! Pipa's neck problem :( (video inside)
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:20:36 PM »

Hi everybody, hope you could help me :)

This afternoon, my 2 days old PleoRB Pipa did this (it happened in the first minutes of her "Birthing/Social" stage): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbnd27xGleA
It isn't the first time her neck makes that, but the other times were just 2 or 3 "clicks" and then she quickly worked fine again. This time I had to turn she off and then on again to solve the problem.
What should I do? It's something I should worry about? I think the problem are the gears, not the cables, but I still can send Pipa back to the store and change her for another PleoRB, but I've heard this happens frequently with Pleos... but like this?? It's so disturbing!  :o
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:39:41 PM by Ezawyn »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Help!!! Pipa's neck problem :( (video inside)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 09:35:30 PM »

That's not necessarily a problem in that it can happen just the once and never again, but if it does happen please switch off as soon as possible.  That clicking sound is the gears/clutches protecting the mechanism, as they should if something goes wrong, but leaving it running like that will just wear them out.  Just keep a close eye on it and only worry if it happens like that again.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Pipa (RB)
Re: Help!!! Pipa's neck problem :( (video inside)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 04:08:31 AM »

Thanks for your answer! :)

For the moment it doesn't happen again. I wrote a mail to the store where I bought my Pleo and they ask me to send it back for their technicals to check it out... They're not sending me a new Pleo at the moment (just in case they detect a real problem), so I think it doesn't worth to return Pipa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal