Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: An upset new owner :S Questions inside  (Read 11176 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: An upset new owner :S Questions inside
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 12:01:13 PM »

Sometimes RB batteries will turn green before they're actually finished charging, especially if there is dust on the contacts, so I would try cleaning the contacts on the battery and charger with a dry cloth and then taking the battery off and placing it back on the charger next time it turns green. Sometimes the battery will then turn red again and charge for longer. If after doing this, it is still holding a runtime of about an hour, I would talk with the company about getting a replacement battery.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2016, 12:59:52 AM »

Yup, try taking it off and reseating it and see if it'll charge a bit longer.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
  • Pleo(s): Pipa (RB)
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2016, 04:56:35 AM »

Thank you for your answers again, you're great!! :)
How can I reset the battery?
Yesterday I charged it for 5 hours. I'm going to test the battery again today, and see what happens. Anyway, last friday I ordered a bundle of food/learning stones and an extra battery from AccesoryJack, so I'll be able to check if the problem concerns the battery or the charger.

EDIT: while I was testing the battery, Pipa started to make this acute creaking noise, like a chirp or something, with her head: https://youtu.be/g5McgEcK-VE  >:(
Any idea?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:35:31 AM by Ezawyn »

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2016, 07:00:43 AM »

Ok, this battery cycle time was 1 hour and 20 minutes, only 15 minutes more than yesterday (and the battery was charging from 7:00 pm to 12:30 am, more than 5 hours...) Oh, and I cleaned the battery and charger contacts with a dry eyeglasses napkin/paper

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »

Wow! can any one else hear that chirp? I've never heard anything like that from a pleo before. I wish my screenreader would read off the second-counter so I could tell you guys exactly where it is. It's near the beginning of the video and then it occurs a little later at least two other times. It sounds more like a squeak to me than a chirp. It's really high-pitched and you have to be close to the speakers to hear it. Let me think and listen a little more for a minute.
I've listened to the video five times and my guess is it's in her jaw motor. It sounds like it's happening when she opens and closes her  mouth. I don't think I would worry too much unless you feel heat in her head or chin or if she should develop problems opening or closing her mouth. Just keep an eye on it and try to enjoy what time you have with Pippa. Try to pay less attention to all the noises she makes aside from the really alarming ones like neck or leg pops. Try to focus on what she is doing- how she is learning how to use her limbs and looking toward you or other sounds that she hears. Observe her emotions in different environments or light levels. Notice how happy she is when petted or well-fed or playing with her tug toy.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »

Hmm, I've had a Pleo that made crinkling noises in his neck during hatchling stage that went away over time, but I don't believe I've heard that sound before. I was thinking it was the eyes making the noise since it seemed to correspond with the Pleos eye movements at times, but I think the same motor controls both the mouth and the eyes (at least in Ugobes), so Talon is correct that this would be the mouth motor too. I agree that you should just watch out for her to see whether this problem goes away or gets worse. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 08:25:51 AM by aibo7m3 »

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »

Yes, it seems like the jaw-eyes motor... Looks like it works fine, but that noise is really annoying... If she continues doing it, I'm afraid I'll have to send her back... The thing is if the technicians of the store don't consider it a "factory problem", the'll try to fix it and won't send me a new PleoRB, and I'll have to pay the repair, which is something I think is unfair, because Pipa is a new Pleo, bought just two weeks ago...

Don't know what to do  :hissyfit:

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »

Since most stores have a one month return policy and a three month replacement policy (double check what the exact policy of the store you bought her at is), it's best to run the Pleo as much as possible in the first month that you have it so any problems that would occur early on into ownership will occur then. I would run through a few more battery cycles to see whether the problem disappears or progresses into something worse. If it goes away, you should be fine and if it worsens, you'll have good grounds to return her on. I believe "factory problem" covers anything that wasn't caused by you, and something that occurs with normal use is not your fault, so that is the argument to make there. I've never had any issues with returning any of my faulty RBs, though for one I did need an e-mail from Innvo agreeing with me that there was something wrong with the Pleo and that the distributor would handle it better than they could.

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2016, 08:49:00 AM »

The thing is I have only 15 days to return her back (and I bought her 11 days ago...) ; otherwise, I'll have to send her to the technicians (there is a warranty of 1 year) The problem persists, as you can see here: https://youtu.be/sCK0qXpEOiU Sometimes it's better and sometimes worse. It's not a real "problem" at all, but it's really annoying...
And the battery still lasts 1 hour, nothing more than that (even yesterday Pipa turned off with 3 beeps, but I think it was an overheat, since her belly and battery were really hot)  ???

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2016, 11:59:49 PM »

Try letting the battery cool down, then turn her on again. Reseating the battery means taking it off the charger, and putting it straight back on.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Ezawyn

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Female
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 06:13:31 AM »

Hello people!

At the end I haven't returned Pipa back; she continues making that noises from time to time, when she open her mouth, but she works perfectly... so she stays with me :D She is a mature adult now, and is sooo cute...!

Thanks for your support ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal