Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead ugobe (Old, has had for a long time, bought old and used)  (Read 5626 times)

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Ugge,
    • none
    • none

Hi,
A long time ago I got a ugobe which was to say the least used.........

But it worked, had problems but worked with battery and so on.

It was shelfed due to neck damage. Then after a few weeks or month after I last had it on, I turn it on, it turns on, but bettery seem s low, bev´cause it sorta ......I dont know if it was abou to sleep, but it looks like it froze in a position where its sorta half-curled up?
I charge the battery, but now pleo will not react at all. I've tried other batterys, I've tried sdcards with oersonalities, I've tried upgrades, ...... but thing is nothing.
It has absolutely NO reaction whatsoever to any battery or anything else, It doesn't even seem to get powered up at all.........

Can anyone help me with other solutions, or explanations, theories, tips, anything????
Because I'm at a total loss here. I'd bever put an SDcard in it, it hand never like........ behanved like........ mental problems :P
or wiring. Now it seems totally powerless does not react to any battery, I mean, it does not even notice it's there. I have no idea it it even gets any electricity from the battery. And since I've now tested A LOT of different batterys for pleo, I Do not think it's a bettery problem. Maybe the attery it had did something, but that's the only battery-problem-connection as far as I can see..

Grateful for all help, amd apologies for spelling grammar, and general Braindeadness, sleepdeprived :P

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Re: Dead ugobe (Old, has had for a long time, bought old and used)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:49:23 PM »

Is it an Ugobe? Not an RB?

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:37:14 PM »

Ugobe. NOT RB. :)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:39:03 AM »

I should have read :D
I can't help you. Maybe Some one Else?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »

Have you tried putting a skit on an SD card and inserting this into the pleo then using a fully charged battery that you know works in other pelos turn him on and see if he will run the skit?  If he will run a skit then you know that mechanically he is fine and it is an issues with his operating system.  If he doesn't run a skit then it is a mechanical problem.  Try that first so that you know just what your dealing with.

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »

Just wanted to say, not that I'm selling him as he's the only one that works...but I have a Yugobe Pleo named Victor, and he is healthy and working fine...I love him to pieces. I guess it's the RB's who have the most problems, because Echo simply will not do anything and I am still thinking of sending him to Tallon to at least look at him though at this point, for various reasons, I'm not sure if that will work out. Now I have played with them both quite a bit, and have tried to treat them as gently as I could. Echo has been treated a bit gentler than Victor, but I've taken Victor out more for some reason to the living room, placed him on the couch to go to sleep, and then forgotten about him, he's been sat on a couple times! I thought his neck and tail would be broken or not functional...I've even picked him up by the neck and tail a few times for fun...they don't like that!..., and yet besides a few very minor crinkles once in a while, he's stretching and moving well and is as healthy as ever. Echo...nothing! I don't yet know why. I am sorry your Yugobe is damaged. I wish everyone could have or play with Victor, should they want a Yugobe Pleo... but he's mine, and the only one who works, and he wasn't cheap. So I'm amazed Yugobes would stop working, because for their cheaper design than RB's, they seem very durable. Best of luck with yours.

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »

Tried skits, tried usbcable and so on, seems it's like the battery compartment is err, broken???

Took the poor fella apart, and Cannnot find any problems, but he just will not work, he will NOT recognze the battery...... so it's something wrong between the batterry compartment and the ..........well, the rest of him. He's not getting any power AT ALL from a battery....
Anyone know where to find pics or schematics and such????? So I can start looking for loose wires, and things like that??
Or burnt circuits? or circuitboards??

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:56 PM »

I'm sure you've tried cleaning the contacts on the inside of the battery compartment as well as the battery. I'm not sure if this will help as you've already taken your Ugobe apart but I think this lists some of the more promenant processors inside the Ugobe pleo just in case you want to search out replacements.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Pleo+Teardown/597
I hope this copied correctly as I am blind and use a screenreader. Crossing my fingers this goes through!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 10:41:16 PM »

I'm sure you've tried cleaning the contacts on the inside of the battery compartment as well as the battery. I'm not sure if this will help as you've already taken your Ugobe apart but I think this lists some of the more promenant processors inside the Ugobe pleo just in case you want to search out replacements.
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Pleo+Teardown/597
I hope this copied correctly as I am blind and use a screenreader. Crossing my fingers this goes through!
Talon

Ya, Master Talon, 'tis been done ;)
UH, oh, NOW i saw the blind thing, eh, I DO apologize.
........Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were not blind before, or hm, in earlier posts? (Don't mean to snoop, I'm just surprised. oh, and If you'd like to ell me about it, I'd like to know your story or what's happened. I think you replied to one of my earlier posts, and I heard after that that you'd had a lot of pleo problems lately..... thanks for the link, If you'd lived closer, I could've maybe learnt from you or maybe helped with your pleo problems, ofc, depends on what they are/were, too bad... I hope all is as well as can be.. and may your sight return shortly said with the utmost respect and. knowing I do not know what it's about. Feel free to PM me if you want to! I'd like to talk more to ya anyway. :) )

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 04:19:32 PM »

No problem, Alexandri. My pleo-problems stem from normal age-related stuff that happens over time with these guys- broken cables and disconnecting wires. That sort of thing.
As far as my sight, I've been blind almost since birth and- so far- no one has found a way to reverse my eye-condition. I'll PM you with a more complete story at some point. For now, suffice it to say I was born very premature. The blood vessels leading from my retinas to the rest of my eyes grew incorrectly, resulting in total blindness.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 10:57:09 AM »

No problem, Alexandri. My pleo-problems stem from normal age-related stuff that happens over time with these guys- broken cables and disconnecting wires. That sort of thing.
As far as my sight, I've been blind almost since birth and- so far- no one has found a way to reverse my eye-condition. I'll PM you with a more complete story at some point. For now, suffice it to say I was born very premature. The blood vessels leading from my retinas to the rest of my eyes grew incorrectly, resulting in total blindness.
Talon

Oh, ok, So sorry to hear. I'd like a PM :) the sooner the better, not wanting to stress you though, -fyi.
Oh, and ahm, I don't know you, so if YOU prefer being treated with a lot of epathy, ok by me, if you prefer the opposite, like "ok, we both know this medica l thing, can we now se me as like, an ndividual?" I express myself crudly here, but I do hope you know what I mean, There is usually some thing like overindulging in illnesses or pats of an individual, and well, ofc, who wants their identity based on an illness, or such?

(I do hope I'm mking myself somewhat clear, and not sounding like some......... uh. careless dumbass or sumthin'.
And nope, I'm not sorta err.... being really careful of you now, I'm just....... I was raised to be respectful, and was born with personality traits that well..... I'd rather explain myself one time too many or overexplain, or be overly polite. Than the opposite of any of that. And I know I'm capable of stepping in it so.. Yup.
Well, point being, ya want empathy? Aight.
Don't want to be reminded of some stuff, or hm, got some toes I might step on? Just lemme know and I'll follow ur lead. I hope that's ok with you?
Just wanted to say that I might not get it myself, but just tell me and I know how to hm, behave around you (?) It's a 50% offer and a 50% "forewarning" heh.

(Sorrysorrysorry for OT)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal