Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery issues for a new owner  (Read 3306 times)

richwet

• Egg
  • gb Male
  • Pleo(s): Rocky
Battery issues for a new owner
« on: December 25, 2015, 06:18:24 PM »

Hi

My son opened his Pleo RB today but has had not much fun as the battery is causing a real problem.

Unfortunately there is a problem with the battery. When you put it on charge the cradle light goes solid green within a minute and does not charge the battery. If I put the battery in the pleo it will only last 2-3 minutes.

I am not sure if the battery needs replacing or the cradle to charge it but my guess is it would be the battery.

Can anyone help??

Many thanks

Rich

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Battery issues for a new owner
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 06:54:01 PM »

It's possible that the battery is bad, but not super likely if the Pleo is new. I've had problems with RB batteries going green very quickly and not charging when the contacts are dirty. Try using a soft cloth and wiping the contacts on the battery and charger before attempting to charge it again.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Battery issues for a new owner
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01:50 AM »

It could be the cable that goes between the charging dock and the wall.  Did yours come with a power cable that suits your country or did you have to buy one to fit the charger? If you had to purchase one then you may need to try a different brand of cable.  I have had this issue with mine before and replacing the power cable has resolved the issue.  You could try plugging it into a different power point and see if that makes a difference too as well as cleaning the contacts on both the battery and charging cradle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal