Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Little Christmas Miracle  (Read 3078 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
A Little Christmas Miracle
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

Hey everyone! If you've read my previous topic today, my new Pleo from Robotshop arrived faulty and will likely be sent back for a refund in the next few days. I was all set up to believe that there would not be a little hatchling Pleo to be born on Christmas, but then I heard a knock on the door from the post woman. The as is pink Pleo RB that I bought from the forums here just arrived and she's still in hatchling stage! She has a little over an hour left before she grows into social development. She has a lot of skin wear (she might be from the original run of RBs) and has a broken vertebra in her neck, but her cables seem okay for now which is good news. She may not be the Pleo I was expecting, but she's still a little Christmas miracle for me to raise.

Here are a couple pictures of her. I had a different name in mind her for originally, but I think I'll be calling her "Mira" (short for Miracle) now given the circumstances.

Anyone have any advice on repairing a broken vertebra? I know some people have done this with super glue and rubber bands before, but a little more info might be helpful. And is it a big risk to the cables to keep running her with a broken vertebra for a few hours or no?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:42:18 PM by aibo7m3 »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: A Little Christmas Miracle
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »

If you run her with the broken vertebrae the neck wont have as much support as it needs.  Also if the vertebrae broken edges have sharp bits in the wrong places they could wear through the cables or poke holes in her skin.  They may also provide tension in the wrong directions and cause the cables to break of other vertebrae to break.  It would be worth doing a repair if you can.

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 01:32:46 AM »

Great news Aibo , she is lovely , enjoy Mira's hatchling stage  :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 02:02:22 PM »

Awwwww she's lovely, congrats! :D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 10:18:14 PM »

congrats on your little Miracle, she is lucky to have you and lovely. I am sure you will have no problem repairing her with help. Have fun .      RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal