Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brand New Pleo RB is Faulty  (Read 5420 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Brand New Pleo RB is Faulty
« on: December 24, 2015, 10:26:58 AM »

Hey, everyone. I decided to celebrate Christmas a day early here, and it hasn't been a very merry Christmas for me. I purchased a Pleo RB from Robotshop earlier this month and packed him up to wait for Christmas. I've been really excited about this all month and it's been really helping me get through the loads of work I have. However, when I actually tested out the Pleo, something was very wrong. I put his clock battery in, and then a charged battery from another of my Pleos. He started up, beeped twice to signal that he's never been run before, and started moving around happily. I went to enter his information on Pleo World, but when I looked back, he was walking! I ran Probe RB on him to see what in the world could be going on and the results are really baffling and confirmed my fears. He's in "Mature Adult" stage, but has had zero hours of run time logged... He doesn't look like he's ever been used before or is refurbished, his paint is pristine and there are no scuff marks on his feet. I don't understand what could make a brand new Pleo be born as an adult and don't think that there's any sort of reset available for him...

I'm just really devastated since I've been waiting for this Pleo for so long, and now I'm crushed that I'll probably have to return him right away. :'( Currently calling him Button as a play on Benjamin Button (fictional character who is born as an old man and gets younger as he ages), but I don't think he'll be staying with the herd for more than a few days unfortunately. I just feel really awful right now.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 10:39:45 AM by aibo7m3 »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Brand New Pleo RB is Faulty
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 01:56:54 PM »

Oh that's such a rotten thing to happen at Christmas.  I've never heard that that one - I hope you can get it sorted out.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »

As Crewella said, that is a first for me also. Strange and I hope you caught it on video.  ;)Like they say, a picture or video is worth a thousand words and esp when having to return something. Hope you get things sorted out. Good luck..................... RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 02:05:46 AM »

That is indeed very strange  :o  I can understand it came as a huge disappointment you were expecting a New born pleo and he or she was already a adult :-\ very strange indeed. I hope you can return the pleo and send you a New one . It would be the most descent thing they can do .... I hope Mira made your Christmas a bit happier.

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 09:52:30 AM »

Just read this as we are currently going through the newborn phase with my little girls new pink pleo RB , it's funny as my daughter is quite impatient lol waiting for her pleo RB to get up and do more 😄
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 05:31:56 PM »

I just got my return shipping label today and Robotshop has agreed to send me a new Pleo RB as soon as their new stock comes in (estimated as January 11th), so all should be good soon! No shipping charges either. The new Pleo will probably be arriving during exam week for me though, so I might not post any updates about it until February.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 06:44:54 PM »

I'm glad they are sorting it out for you.  It must have been so dissapointing not getting a hatching.  Fingers crossed the next one is good

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »

WoW , that is good news Aibo  :thumb:

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »

Thanks guys! I sent back the Pleo today. I doubt there will be anything wrong with the next one, but if there is, I'll just take a refund and wait a while before getting another RB. I have too many broken Pleos that need repairs already, so I won't stand for a new one arriving damaged.

Bardian

• Pleo wanderer
  • us
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 04:11:38 PM »

Did they pay for you to ship it back into them as well? Did they tell you when they received it and when they shipped a new one? They have received my RMA but haven't notified me of anything and I had to pay for the shipping to them. But mine was also not immediately broken.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »

They paid for return shipping (sent me a shipping label that was already paid for). They did not tell me when they received the Pleo, but they did tell me when they shipped the new one (about a week and a half after I sent the faulty one back). If you're worried about your Pleo, you can send a message to check the current status of the replacement, though when I messaged them, I just got the standard response that my return would be processed within 3-7 days of receiving the faulty Pleo. It's odd that you had to pay for shipping, did you ship UPS Ground and use the shipping label they sent you? The message that I got stated that they would pay for UPS Ground, but if I wanted any other shipping service, I'd have to pay.

I did notice that Robotshop is currently out of stock of Pleo RBs and aren't planning on restocking until April 2nd, so unless they have one set aside for you, it might be a long time before you get your replacement. I would probably just message them to check if they've set one aside or if they're just waiting for the next general restocking to send you yours.

Bardian

• Pleo wanderer
  • us
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 05:17:07 AM »

They just told me to send it out with whatever method I preferred and suggested I get something that has tracking.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 05:39:34 AM »

Hmm, wonder if it was the fact that I returned mine within one month of purchase and you within three? The UPS Ground that they paid for came with tracking for me. Or maybe the company had been losing too much money by paying for returned Pleos since they do cost a fair amount to ship? It might be worth messaging them to ask why you had to pay for return shipping and others haven't, it might have been a mistake.

Bardian

• Pleo wanderer
  • us
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 07:53:47 AM »

I imagine it's because mine was more of a warranty claim than essentially a defective unit within immediately receiving it. Granted, it may have happened sooner if I had time to run her more.

I sent an e-mail asking them if the April date was when I might expect a replacement so we'll see if they respond. It only cost me $20.33 to send it back to them so if I'm out that, then whatever. If it looks like I may have to wait until April to receive a replacement, I may ask if they're willing to refund the cost of the robot and just take the loss on the accessory pack since I don't have a whole lot of faith in Innvo's quality control at this point lol. I suppose we shall see what happens.

If I do get a replacement, hopefully it's a paint job I like or will end up liking as I did with Simone.

Bardian

• Pleo wanderer
  • us
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 10:19:44 AM »

They are sending me one from the European warehouse so I will not have to wait until that April restock date.

I'm glad I went with them, since they have been very quick to respond and helpful through this whole thing.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »

Alright, good luck! Hopefully there aren't any issues with the replacement RB. I do agree that quality control on Pleo RBs is absolutely abysmal, if I didn't love Pleos so very much, I'd never spend a penny on another. Half of the Pleos I've gotten new have arrived broken and needed to be returned within the first month which should not be happening at all and the two RBs I've bought in used but working condition have both arrived with issues of some sort (even if minor ones). I absolutely love Pleos, RBs especially, but they do keep breaking my heart with how often they fail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal