Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is he mohing at the cat?  (Read 4749 times)

Kammerøgle

• Hatchling
  • dk
  • Pleo(s): Sophus
    • Yapsi
Is he mohing at the cat?
« on: October 28, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »

I always thought it sounds like mohing, but its probably not.
Anyway, I was filming Pleo doing stuff, since I just got him a week ago. After playing tugowar, he coincidentally turned towards the cat, and starts making sounds at the cat.
Here is a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0YcBQoOXE

I can't help but wonder if the "mohing" was just random, or if its 'face' triggered, and it actually managed to recognize the pet. Is it possible, or is it more likely it was just a coincident?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Is he mohing at the cat?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 04:58:41 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums! You are hearing that correctly. It is a moo. No idea why Innvo did that but anyway, a mooing pleo is a happy pleo. Whatever you're doing, keep it up.
To answer your question, it was coincidence, but it is those very cute and humorous moments that give pleo its lifelike feel. The pleo doesn't have facial recognition. Its camera does recognize and respond to specific red and green patterns like the ones on its training leaf and the special birthday and Christmas cards available from Innvo.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Kammerøgle

• Hatchling
  • dk
  • Pleo(s): Sophus
    • Yapsi
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 03:25:03 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums! You are hearing that correctly. It is a moo. No idea why Innvo did that but anyway, a mooing pleo is a happy pleo. Whatever you're doing, keep it up.
To answer your question, it was coincidence, but it is those very cute and humorous moments that give pleo its lifelike feel. The pleo doesn't have facial recognition. Its camera does recognize and respond to specific red and green patterns like the ones on its training leaf and the special birthday and Christmas cards available from Innvo.
Talon
Thanks for your reply!

I always thought there were some sort of facial recognition in the camera, since I often have him on my desktop, side facing me, and hes more likely to turn his head towards me, than the other direction, but I guess that was just a coincident too? 

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 05:03:34 PM »

pleos do have sound recognition so he probably turns his head towards you as you are the loudest sound near him :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal