Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sleeping Pleo / buy charger in Europe?  (Read 4414 times)

cckarman

• Hatchling
  • nl Male
Sleeping Pleo / buy charger in Europe?
« on: October 21, 2015, 03:37:07 AM »

Hi,
We just bought a Pleo for our sun's birthday, which is unused but has been on the shelf for a couple of years. One battery does nothing on Pleo and shows a constant green light in the charger. With the other battery Pleo gives a short snore without any movement. Switching Pleo on and off repetitvely occasionaly leads to a faint 'Hello' and some movement of legs, tail and eyes. Then stops. Switching on and off again leads to snores. Again, every once and a while a hello and sometimes even a short 'cry'. Thats it.

Reading the battery topics on the forum my most logical conclusion is that the batteries need to be refurbished. The new charger on Pleoworld seems to be capable of doing so. However, the shipping costs to the Mether lands are twice the price of the charger itself (over 50 USD), so I'm looking for a reseller in Europe to bring down shipping costs. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Sleeping Pleo / buy charger in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:36:14 AM »

It does sound like both of your Pleo's batteries are dead. Chargers are not capable of refurbishing batteries, you will either need a new battery from Pleo World (I believe $50 plus shipping) or a repacked one. There's a European seller on eBay (based in Italy I believe) who is selling repacked Ugobe batteries that are supposed to hold a 2 hour charge for 60 euros plus shipping.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:45:01 AM »

The Innvo labs 2009 Pleo did come with a charger that had a reconditioning cycle for the Nimh green batteries, but it's really hard to get hold of them now.  As some of the original batteries are so old it might not work anyway, so I do think you would be better off looking for a new battery.

*I've tidied away the duplicate posts - one is enough or it gets confusing*  :moose:!

cckarman

• Hatchling
  • nl Male
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 04:08:26 PM »

Thanks for your replies! One of the batteries is certainly dead, the other is giving signs of life. Starting with a single snore, we might now have 30-60 seconda of life from Pleo. Trick is 'emptying' the battery by constant on-off switching. Takes us hours, and I am affraid many many more hours before we'll arrive at a battery lifetime of 1 hour... I was hoping to find a charger that could do this loading/unloading for us, but you might be right in the fact that buying a new battery might be more rewarding!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal