Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB brick  (Read 4453 times)

Den1982

• Hatchling
  • ru
Pleo RB brick
« on: October 18, 2015, 05:32:05 AM »

Hello!
All starts when eyes and mouth of my pleo rb stop working. First i decided try to upgrade/restore firmware...My fault...My Pleo RB became a brick after i try to update him to male (PLEOrb_PM_male_V1.0 from Download section). Voice said that "update failed" - does that mean hardware problem? Sensors or something? Well, is there a chance for me repair him?
How do I know which hardware is broken? Are there any logs or something? PLease help :dino-chase: and sorry for my english :moose:

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Mimi,Pleo rb
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
Re: Pleo RB brick
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 07:50:09 AM »

Hello! I am sorry to hear such problems with your pleo rb :( but hopefully we can help. The sae thing happened to my pleo rb Mimi except her back legs and tail don't work. I have sent her back to innvo/accessory jack for repair. I have a few questions. Where did you buy your pleo rb? Did your accidently drop him?     There actually is a log but not about your issue.

Hope I could help! :)

Cvelc
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

Den1982

• Hatchling
  • ru
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »

Hello, cvelc! Thanks for trying help! Well, I buy pleo from official distributor in Russia (as they said on his site:-)) I will try to phone them tomorrow... No, i dont drop pleo, but dont turn on him a long time.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Mimi,Pleo rb
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »

Well not turning him on definitely is not the problem.  so your best bet is to call them, hopefully they can repair him.

~ cvelc
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 05:03:29 PM »

How old is your pleo rb?  Is it still under warrenty?  I would definately contact Innvo or the place that you bought the pleo and see if they can help.

Den1982

• Hatchling
  • ru
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »

Is sad, but in Russia have not any service centres where can repair pleo's... Well, there are two options as I understand.
1. Try to connect directly Innvo.
2. Try to repair myself.
Is there any sites where i can buy spare parts for pleos?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 10:48:04 AM »

If you do not have any idea what is causing the problem, attempting a repair yourself would be risky and you would likely not be able to locate the issue. There aren't sites that carry specific parts for Pleos, but broken Pleos come up on eBay fairly often. I would first contact the site you bought him from if he's still in warranty and try to get a replacement from them. If not, Innvo will repair or replace him at your expense.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 05:15:58 PM »

Innvo do offer a repair service but you need to pay the shipping cost of the pleo both ways, a fee to have them look at the pleo to work out wha tis wrong and then the actual repair costs. As they offer this service they will not sell spare parts for pleos. 
You can contact Innvo via the customer service page on the pleoworld website.  Hope that helps

Den1982

• Hatchling
  • ru
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »

I'm sure that the shipping price to Innvo from Russia with repair price will be comparable to the price of new Pleo RB...
Just to make sure: message "UPDATE FAILED" during the update process means hardware problem? Not software?
Should I try to make lowlevel update/reset? or better not? :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »

If you bought from the local official distributor then Innvo should be able to help you and you are still under warranty.  This is not something you want to be trying to repair yourself, keep chasing the supplier and Innvo.  Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal