Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor Echo!  (Read 2806 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Poor Echo!
« on: October 19, 2015, 09:14:25 PM »

Hi, little Sir Echo was doing quite well, it seemed, sometime in the summer. I don't know when he stopped working but for months now he hasn't turned on. I have spoken with a couple of people on the forum and it looks like the best option is to send him to InvoLabs or the manufacturer to get him repaired. I've tried resetting him, turning him off and on and waiting...nothing. He's in sleeping position and won't move. I have no information that I can find easily on his warranty or anything...can't put him into packing position, and don't know where the box is. Would love to isolate all problems, including getting an emailed opinion from PleoWorld, before sending him away. I bought a replacement battery sometime in the beginning of the summer...would need to look up the date...I did keep charging him and putting the new batteries in after the one battery ran out, so that he ran continuously, but I did turn him off for naps. I'm not sure how to figure anything out with the Micro SD card he comes with, and it's hard enough to think about dressing him and maintaining his skin let alone sending him away? Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the charger...that seems to be working fine, but none of the two batteries work, and I really miss him and wish he would wake up.

I may have posted on this topic before and if so I appologize for being repetitive.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Poor Echo!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:54:54 PM »

Hi, Echo! I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been able to make much progress with your little one. I saw your message on Skype Friday night and replied to it but I didn't get it until nine twenty my time and I was all blah with sleep. Echo is well over his warranty period. If Innvo will repair him, you are looking at paying shipping both ways from you to China and back which might well exceed the cost you paid for him.
I am willing to take a look at him and try re-installing the male personality files for free. The only thing I ask is that you cover his return shipping. If you're worried about not being able to listen to what's going on with him, I can do everything from unboxing to testing and updating over Skype so you can listen in if you want. I wouldn't do anything to him that I wouldn't do to my own Pleo RB's. Feel free to reply here or on Skype if you are interested.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal