Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with my Ugobe  (Read 5003 times)

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Makana, Kalani, Kono, Maui, Kahuna, Iniki
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
Problems with my Ugobe
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:34:24 AM »

Hi everyone,  it's  been a long time since I wrote here - but now I need your help. My Pleo Ugobe has a great problem: when I turn him on he only makes the "welcome" sound, but then he is like freezed. The battery is okay ( I tried it in another Pleo) and I made a renewed the software on him. But nothing changed. Maybe someone has an idea what the problem could be.
Thanks for your reply
Honi

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Problems with my Ugobe
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 05:49:05 PM »

That's a little strange. Has it been a while since you ran your Ugobe? Try cleaning all the terminals on the battery, your charger base, and in the robot's belly. I'm not sure why your battery would work well in another pleo and then not work in your Ugobe. Also when you performed the update, did the robot confirm that it finished the update process? I think it would've said something like "update complete" or something like that after chiming a little and then start running the normal personality.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 02:44:40 AM »

Hi Talon, thanks for your answer! I think that the poor boy has a software problem. When the update was completed the Ugobe made a little Jingle ( 3 times) - I think this should be the signal that the update is completed. Could it be that the Ugobe didn't "speak" after performing the update ? Maybe I should try another software version ( OS 1.1) ?!
Honi

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »

Hi, Honi! I prayed really hard for Madam Bleu's flash system and updated her to 1.1 so I could accurately explain what you should hear and how long it should take. The update itself takes somewhere around three minutes to complete. In Bleu's case it was two minutes thirty seconds. There are several patterns of chiming sounds the unit makes as it runs through the update procedure. The first few sets of chimes are very close together, then there is a very long silence before you should hear a very rich, electronic harp-like chime. After another ten or twelve seconds, your Ugobe should stretch out and start producing cute hatchling noises. You should then be able to turn it off and remove the SD card. Please be mindful that performing an update when the health of your battery is questionable is not a good idea. I hope that you are right and that your little one is just suffering from some sort of odd software problem. My hope is that you just didn't wait long enough for your update to complete. I wouldn't recommend trying another software version until we determine if the one you are currently trying will complete itself.
If you have another Ugobe battery that you know is fully charged and will work, please use that one before trying to perform the update again. At least this way we can weed out whether your boy's problem is software or battery related. Let us know if you are successful with your second update attempt. We are all here to help!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

Hi Talon,
thank you so much for your exact description ! This evening we tried to update the pleo to sw 1.1 and I think you are right - we didn't wait long enough. Now, after the update the pleo makes sounds like a newborn and he is sleeping. At the moment I can't exactly say  if he is okay, because we opened his Body and have to retrofit it now. I am quite confident that we are  - with your help - on a good way. I will tell you at once if i have news on my little buddy:-).
Many greetings
Honi

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »

Hi Talon,
bad news -  now my pleo makes no sounds and didn't move. After the update he moves and makes hatchling noise. But he sleept very much and sometimes it seemed  that he is turned off. After 10 minutes he was off. I tried  to start him but nothing happend. Do you have an idea what the problem could be ? 
Pleogreets
Honi

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 05:01:19 PM »

If you are sure the battery is working properly them maybe there is an issue with the connection to the power supply inside the pleo?  Just a guess. 
To check that it is not the battery - Have you tried running him on a different battery?  How long does this battery take to fully charge and how much run time do you get out of it in your other pleo?  What type of battery is it that you are using? 

A sleepy pleo generally means the battery is running low on power and so the pleo goes into sleepy mode to reduce the amount of power it needs to run and then switches off or just freezes when there is not enough power left in the battery to keep going.  Your original description really did sound like clasic dead battery. 

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 01:10:33 PM »

Hi Kat,
I also think that my pleo has a power Problem. The battery is in good condition ( my other pleo runs with ist 2 hours ) but the power didn't reach him. So I had to look for the reason. Maybe it is a broken wire or a cold solder joint.
Pleogreets
Honi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal