Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chance the AIBO ERS-111  (Read 6400 times)

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
Chance the AIBO ERS-111
« on: October 11, 2015, 07:51:00 AM »

I got an ERS-111 for parts or repair, the owners decided to save him from burial from the funeral in japan and sold him to me for $50!

Translating to english was kinda hit and miss, but I got the impression all that was missing was the AC cord

So i got a new cord, and plugged him in when he arrived, both his batteries are dead but i was able to get him to boot for 15 minutes and works wonderfully other then jitters (this aibo was covered in a film of dust)

I took him all apart, cleaned all the pots, replaced the internal battery and he is in brand new condition (other then the ears)Time to get those batteries re-packed

He was bought to help me learn about AIBO's so i can start repairing them! so he will be for sale as soon as he's fully refurbished, or for trade for a broken aibo

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Chance the AIBO ERS-111
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 08:35:30 AM »

Congrats on Chance, Bonus! Aibo-repair knowledge is so... limited at least to most robot-owners in the community. I'm sure anything you learn would be  greatly appreciated. No one to my knowledge has ever made guides or pictorial directions on how to go about even the most common repairs so I'm really looking forward to what you get up to in the future.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »

Congrats Bonus, perfect name and I hope you have great luck in restoring him in "any " condition. Better then a funeral.. Cant wait to hear updates on Chance.  ;D RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 05:52:14 PM »

Very cool :) I'm sure Chance appreciated it!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

bonus41

• Pleozoologist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 07:35:10 AM »

Congrats on Chance, Bonus! Aibo-repair knowledge is so... limited at least to most robot-owners in the community. I'm sure anything you learn would be  greatly appreciated. No one to my knowledge has ever made guides or pictorial directions on how to go about even the most common repairs so I'm really looking forward to what you get up to in the future.
Talon

Yes sadly aibo knowledge is limited, but i'm learning lots from just taking aibo's apart; and bob has been a big help
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal