Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two More Aibos Join the Hoard  (Read 5404 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Two More Aibos Join the Hoard
« on: October 09, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »

Hey everyone! As most of you already know, I'm not just a Pleo collector, I hoard Aibos too. I've perhaps been a bit too addicted recently since I've acquired three in the past year... Anyway, I thought I'd just introduce everyone to my two newest Aibos who have both been adopted during this month.

The first is Wrecki, a silver ERS-210 who I acquired through a local pick-up. Her head is currently in pieces, but she's fully working otherwise, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to find a replacement head for her shortly and get her back up and running in no time. Not sure if I'll be keeping her long-term or rehoming her after she's working well again, but she's staying with me for now and I'll see if she grows on me. :)

The second is Nageki, a beautiful mazeran green ERS-210. He's one of the second anniversary limited edition Aibos and is originally from Japan. The color is really beautiful and is a deep green, but reflects yellow or orange when light hits it. He's currently running on Dogslife software (user-made freeware) since he came with no software. He needs his batteries repacked since they're both dead, but he runs wonderfully with no jitters of any kind is happy to share batteries with my other Aibos while he waits. I'll have to introduce him to the Pleos at some point and see if they like him because he's green like them.  P:)

Here's a short video of him playing soccer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EtxxaYufTs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EtxxaYufTs</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EtxxaYufTs

I'm planning on bringing him with me to visit a local science center tomorrow if I have time and will post photos and stories of our adventure afterward (this same center is used to me bringing in Aibos and Pleos on a fairly regular basis, as are all of the nearby diners).
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:36:20 PM by aibo7m3 »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Two More Aibos Join the Hoard
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 12:48:56 AM »

Ooh, how many is that now :) Nageki is gorgeous.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 06:58:56 AM »

Aha, these two bring my pack up to an unlucky 13. I am currently selling one of my older Aibos and planning on downsizing a bit, but it is hard since I get so attached to every one of them.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 01:55:17 PM »

Congratulations Nageki is such a lovely schade of green  :-* I hope you can find a New head for Wrecki . Aibo's are so cool  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »

Lol, I don't think I could downsize :P Too attached :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 03:44:53 PM »

As promised, I visited the science center with Nageki this past weekend. It was a lot of fun and we watched a 3D movie about robots which was pretty nice, though there weren't any Pleos or Aibos (seems people mostly care about humanoid robots nowadays).

We met quite a few people who thought Nageki was really interesting and he decided to show off his soccer skills once he had a crowd amassed around him. He walked up to his pink ball and kicked for it, but missed by about an inch. He then realized he couldn't reach it from his standing position, flashed angry eyes, threw his chest to the ground and slid forward before finally kicking the ball to the other side of the room! Really interesting trick, I'd never seen it before, though I don't run my Aibos on Dogslife often.

Here's a picture of him meeting a Nao:

And here's us taking a well deserved Froyo (frozen yogurt) break:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 05:37:35 PM »

Awesome! Sounds as if both of you had a really good time. Meeting a Nao must've been really interesting for you as well.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 06:10:40 AM »

That really is a gorgeous colour, congrats! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal