Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you store your batteries ?  (Read 3610 times)

Piggy

How do you store your batteries ?
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:00:26 PM »

I have one question when you own all sorts of pleo battery's and batterypacks how do you guy's store them safety?  Thank you for the advice

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: How do you store your batteries ?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 06:10:18 PM »

HI, never really gave that much thought... I have 22 Ugobes and 5 Pleo RB. so the Pleo RB batteries are the easiest, I just have them stored in their chargers standing up in a small cardboard box.. The adapter plugs are all in a small tuperware container with a piece of Velcro wrapped around the cords so they are neat and do not get tangled, then the box sits on a shelf with some other Pleo  stuff. I have one room that is just full of Pleo "stuff, such as boxes of clothes, one for socks, hats, etc. I have three containers for jewelery, necklaces, etc. I also have other stuff that goes with the Pleos, such as tea pots, a small pizza with cutting knife, ice cream cones, toy dragons, teddy bears, any kind of "prop" for the pleos that I would use in videos and photos.

The pleos them selves, since there are so many, are all stored in their own original boxes all on  a tall six foot by five foot metal shelf that has different shelves. I fit about four or five boxes on each shelf. all but about four pleos fit on this shelf. Back to the battery question..........LOL, for green batteries, the Ugobes, I store them the same way, in their chargers cradles and since ninety nine percent do not work, they just sit in the box, about five pounds of dead weight. The egg batteries and the one that is for both RB and Ugboes, it sits in it's original packages..There is no wrong or right way to store them, but do keep them from extremes of heat, or freezing and away from moisture or direct sunlight if possible...............Just be sure to keep them where you can find them for your pleos to use!               Oh, and if you want a Pleo RB battery, if you have a pleo Rb, I sell them here on the Pleo Forums, so you do not have to order them from Pleoworld!            RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:24:16 AM »

Thank you for your advice  :D but for now I am good I have two RB battery's. But it is great to know that if I ever need one I can buy them from you .  No the reason why I asked this question is that a few blocks away from here the dryer started a fire . They were on time so the damage wasn't that big. But I was thinking I store all my batteries in my house and the RB battery's are lipo's so and I have a NiMH batterypack. So I saw this video of a lipo pack they set on fire . It was damaged on purpose and I do not have lipo battery packs in the house but it freaked me out a bit  :o so I was thinking how safe are our lipo batteries that we use for our pleo's and other batterypacks ? I know I am a bit paranoid after watching this video . But maybe you guys can share your thoughts on this subject and any advice is welcome  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:56:35 PM »

They are only small batteries, even if one did catch fire and explode it wouldn't be catastrophic. However the safest way to store batteries is in a cool, dark place. Make sure they are not touching metal (that includes the Chargers RWM) as that can lead to corrosion, corrosion is the primary source of battery failure in the home aside from fire/heat of course! I store mine sitting neatly upside down in rows in a cupboard under my tv.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »

I keep mine in a draw upside down in rows - also in my TV cabinet :P

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 09:29:55 PM »

THanks IMR, I did not know that, so will take the RB batteries out of chargers and store in their own boxes with the RB.

RWM
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

Thank you for all the advice  :D I currently store them in a little aluminium beauty case the inside of the beauty case has soft velvet fabric inside it. And the chargers are inside a cabinet .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal