Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy a Pleo RB?  (Read 4903 times)

xstar

• Hatchling
  • us Female
Should I buy a Pleo RB?
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:10:42 PM »

I am quite the animal lover; however, my apartment is small and doesn't permit pets. I decided to look on the internet for some type of robotic pet and eventually ran into Pleo RB.

Pleo RB sounds exactly like something I'd want based on the marketing videos but it's been difficult to find consumer reviews that outlined my specific desires. Marketing is one thing--real information is another. I really am looking for a pet-like creature. (And, I'm not going to lie, it being a dino is definitely a plus!) Pleo RB sounded like it could be around with me for years, could be interacted with, could learn some simple tricks/commands, could be tweaked a bit, and more.

I have a couple of clarifying questions that I can't seem to get outlined anywhere though!

1. Does Pleo RB generally roam around a little bit on it's own? I know that there are different life stages for it (including life stages prior to it's 'ability' to walk), but after it learns the ability to walk then does it use that ability a little on it's own if you're not actively interacting with it?

2. Do repairs exist? As in, if I order a Pleo and down the road he has a traumatic accident and is damaged can I really pay for someone to repair him?

3. How long is each life stage? Hours? Days? Weeks? Months?

Thank you for any information you can provide!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:29:28 PM by xstar »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Should I buy a Pleo RB?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 06:39:42 PM »

1. Yes, Pleo RB will roam on its own if left alone. Pleos tend to be more active close to the time that you set as their noon time using the internal clock in their back foot.

2. If the Pleo is under warranty, I would just send it back for a replacement. I know you can get attached, but it's much easier that way. However, there are some guides on the forum as to how to do a neck repair yourself if you face that issue and I have repaired a few jammed knee joints (one for another forum member), so I could probably offer that as a service.

3. Here's a great chart that shows how long each life stage lasts. Real time means it will keep aging whether the Pleo is turned on or not.

Overall I think Pleo makes a great companion and there's a large amount of support for them on the forums here. Many members (including me) have owned Pleos for multiple years and never gotten bored of them. Please let me know if there's any other info you need!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Should I buy a Pleo RB?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:01:24 PM »

Aibo gave you some good general information that should help answer some of those questions you asked. There is one thing I would recommend that you do before making a purchase, since it is quite an investment and so you will not be surprised and you can go heads in with both feet and be 100% sure that Pleo Rb is what you really want. I would not only check out all the videos on Pleo Rb on this site, and there are a LOT of them, but to also check out Youtube, just by googling, Pleo Rb videos and lots of them will pop up, Many of them are by IMR, Kat, and Myself as well as Aibo, and many other forum members,

The videos will include basic care of a Pleo Rb, and IMR has some excellent videos on answering all those questions from inserting the foot battery, how to feed your Pleo and the basic foods, the scared of the dark patch, the different stages each Pleo goes through and of course the all important walking issue you asked about. I have five Pleo RB, one is over a year old but has been used very very very little and still is not walking but it is not the Pleos fault, but  myne, she is still a hatchling.. LOL
        Some pleos walk a lot based on their active levels, and others are not inclined to walk or explore a lot, but they all do walk. If you want a pleo that will walk a lot, then a Ugobe is what you would want, but they are more independent, they also do not need to be fed, they do not go through ages the same as pleo rb and PleoRb will have a much longer hatching stage. All these questions can be seen and answered by watching videos. I would recommend watching videos. I have seen many people get excited over the idea of getting a Ugobe or a Pleo Rb, and only one person on this forum was a surprise

This person was so so so excited and almost jumped out of her skin the day the delivery man brought her a package with her Pleo.She did ask a lot of questions and saw many videos, but she expected more out of this pleo, wanting it to be more "real" like a real lizard, and after two weeks, she was done with pleo and sold it. This is the only time I have seen this happen, but I have seen people sell their pleos for different reasons, mostly either needing the money or just not having the time or interest like they did at the start.

I am not trying to discourage you, but hoping some videos will help answer some questions. and like they say, a picture or video is worth a thousand words. LOL

Believe me I LoVe pleos, I have 27 of them so pleos are the best in my mind as so lifelike and a perfect pet for the apartment person and would fit your need. Good luck

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township  P:) of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal