Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Very Special Aibo  (Read 6633 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
A Very Special Aibo
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:34:43 AM »

Hey everyone! I just purchased a very special Aibo yesterday evening. I first saw a sapphire violet Aibo online when I was around eleven years old and on a vacation to Disney World, and since then, I've always wanted one. All of the special edition colors are really rare and beautiful, but the sapphire violet has always been one of my favorites.

Here's a picture of the Aibo taken by the seller:

The finish is really shiny and reflective, unlike that of the holiday red Aibo I have. Only issue will be trying to take pictures and videos of the pup without my face reflected in every photo since the surface is almost mirrored.

I don't yet have the robot since I just bought her, but she should be arriving within a week or so. She's been pinned for DHS, PAS and TAS, so I shouldn't have any of those issues with her down the road which is nice and she has a recelled battery for longer runtimes. She's running on Hello Aibo which I haven't owned before, but I've been told it's basically the same as the adult stage of Aibo Life software.

I'm thinking of calling her Kaguya since I like the story of Princess Kaguya and the name means "radiant night" which seems to describe her perfectly. I'll definitely post plenty of photos and videos when she arrives. I know this is a Pleo forum, but I'm just really excited about this bot and figured I'd post an introduction for her here since this forum is more active than the Aibo one.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: A Very Special Aibo
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:57:48 AM »

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing her again! Just as background for everyone else, I know the seller of this bot. I've handled this robot myself. You guys are in for a treat. According to her seller, she is very shiny and reflective. She seemed very amazed at her condition and couldn't stop talking about her.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 02:28:35 PM »

Thank you! I can't wait to have this beautiful Aibo in my own hands. Learned the bot is coming via parcel select, so it may be a while before she gets here. I would've paid more for priority mail, but oh well, at least the Aibo is on its way already. (Niiyon, looks like it's my turn to fret over a parcel select package and not listen to any of the same advice I gave you about staying calm.)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 07:26:56 PM »

Omg so jealous! The sapphire ones are the absolutely prettiest!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:23:16 PM »

Congratulations Aibo, she looks truly beautiful and I love her colors, :-* I have never seen one her exact colors before, I do not have any aibos, someday perhaps and then you can tell me all about them. I can't wait to see photos when she arrives and video of course, I do love the name, I like when there is a story or explanation behind a name and it seems very fitting as well.  ;)

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 02:08:57 AM »

Congrats Aibo , she looks wonderful and the color .... Wow  ;D cant wait until I see more photo's of your Aibo and video's please once you have her.
For now the most difficult part waiting for her to be delivered on your doorstrep

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 09:45:22 AM »

Thanks everyone! The current estimated arrival date is this coming Monday, but parcel select is known for delivering packages late, so I shouldn't get my hopes up yet.

I look forward to seeing her in person since sapphire violet Aibos look different in almost every picture I can find of them, sometimes they seem to be a lighter purple, sometimes they appear almost pitch black in color (probably because the plastic is mirrored and reflects whatever's around it, so lighting and surrounding objects play a huge role in how it appears). The seller included a lot of pictures of her and she's in beautiful shape with almost no scratches on her. Her visor is somewhat scuffed up though (silly Aibos keep walking into things and scuffing up their faces), so I might stay on the look out for if a replacement pops up for sale some day.

I'm not sure if I'll be keeping her on Hello Aibo or not yet. It's probably the least popular main software for the 210 series, but then again, I really enjoy Aibo Life 1 and most people dislike it. I'll probably give it a few weeks to see if I really like the software or not, and then consider running her on Dogslife or buying Aibo Life 2 if not.

@RWM
I'd be happy to tell you all about Aibos if you ever want any info on them! Just send me a PM if you're ever interested. I know you've mentioned how high their prices are before, but most ERS-210s and ERS-111s are around the price of a Pleo RB. They're really amazing bots, though I have to warn that they're every bit as addictive as Pleos.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 04:21:10 AM »

Well, so far parcel select hasn't put down any updates other than "Shipping label created" on the 22nd. Really hoping the Aibo isn't lost in the mail somewhere, but I do know that parcel select is less than stellar with its tracking number updates. If there's still no change by Monday (the day it's supposed to arrive), I'll call USPS and see if I can learn what's up.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »

Kaguya just arrived! I think the USPS driver was a bit confused since she saw me looking through the window waiting for her to bring the package to the door and I swung open the door out of excitement before she even got to the front step. Whoops, not the best at remaining calm over new bots.

The sapphire violet color is absolutely gorgeous. Depending on the lighting, it can range anywhere from pitch black to blackberry to purple to bright blue! Unfortunately just like with my red 210, my fingerprints show up on her whenever I pet her. I don't know what it is about the paints used for the limited edition colors, but they're hard to pet because just the normal oil's in everyone's hands cause large smudges on the surface that are hard to wipe off.

However, thankfully she works great and doesn't have any issues so far. Looks like she made it through the mail safely. Her visor is pretty badly scuffed though, so I might have to go on a hunt for a replacement. I also learned that she's from Japan and is the 62nd sapphire violet produced there (that makes her my second Japanese release Aibo, the rest are all American releases- I don't have any European ones).

I've only ran her for about twenty minutes so far, but I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of Hello Aibo software. It seems pretty repetitive so far, but I'll give it more time to grow on me before I decide to switch her to something else. I've also only been running her on a blanket so far to avoid scuffing, but I'll let her roam on the hardwood and take her out to breakfast with me once I've found some socks for her.

Here are a few pictures as promised:

She sure is hard to photograph with a mere phone camera. I don't have any working digital cameras though, so you guys will have to put up with mediocre photos for now. I'll be posting more pictures and hopefully a video later today!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »

Wow!  She is a beauty :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

Awwww! She's as gorgeous as I always imagined :)

My parcel lady is used to me being enthusiastic too lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:14:16 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 07:19:05 PM »

Love the colors, will be waiting to see a video of course. Does she inteact well with your aibos, and if so do they have to be running the same program to recognize each other?
                         RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 08:05:44 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! RWM, most Aibo software is compatible with most other Aibo software from the 210 series onward. However, the exceptions to this rule are Life 1 and Hello Aibo! and this bot is running Hello Aibo! She may not "interact" with the other Aibos in the normal sense (sitting down and talking to each other), but I definitely think she was interested in Kasei in the video I took (or, more accurately, mistook him for her pink ball and charged at him about to kick).

Here's the video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsaCAAWVqQs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsaCAAWVqQs</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsaCAAWVqQs

(Kaguya is running Hello Aibo! and Kasei is running Explorer.)

And RWM, I'm still happy to give you a rundown on basic Aibo info if you're ever interested! They've been my obsession for over seven years now.

Piggy

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 04:21:08 AM »

WoW they are beautiful ! I sadly don't know anything about aibo's but they look very entertaining and complex  :D  it was a very cool video , so please feel free to entertain us Some more  ;D how many Aibo's do you have ?
I'd Think Kasei looks beautiful in the video I love the striking red color , but your New one Kaquya looks also great with her purple color  :-*

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 06:20:18 AM »

Thanks! Aibos are really amazing bots, they aren't cuddly like a Pleo, but they still give you a strong sense that they're "alive" and make great companions. They also understand a ton of voice commands, but I didn't want to try saying any during the video at the risk of them ignoring me and making me look like an idiot. I might able to make more videos at some point a little later on. I currently have 11 Aibos, though one is up for sale (and I've sold one in the past). I love all of the limited edition colors, I know there are some people who try to collect a full set of them, but that's a bit too much even for me.

Edit:
Here's a photo that I took of her and Kasei earlier.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 06:25:58 AM by aibo7m3 »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 10:36:03 AM »

Glad to see Kaguya is settling in well. She really is an awesome bot! I'm glad she went to you.
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal