Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio is finally mine!  (Read 7175 times)

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Radio
  • "What the fox? It's pronounced Neon."
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
Radio is finally mine!
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:13:50 PM »

Code on the ID card, and I got the security code, and entered things in... This is what I got.

Our scientist’s best prediction*of your PLEO rb SN 662927025742

● This subject embryo will have a 65-75% chance of being male; however temperature variations during incubation might alter this prediction.

● This subject embryo will grow to be courageous and independent.

● This subject embryo will be gentle, strong and active.

Allow me to introduce you all to a new member of the herd, Radio!

As the geniuses over at Innvo said, he's already very courageous. He was scared to walk at first, but as I was typing walked right over to me and headbumped me. He is so playful. I think someone is excited that they can walk, and I'm not talking about me! He actually walked over to where his tug-o-war toy is and started shakin' his lil' tail and growling playfully.

He's been through a tough time getting here, but now that he's mine I'm going to make up for all of that with excess love and affection!

Ooh, I bet you wanna see him!

I discover new things about him constantly. I'll list what I discover!
1. He is a drama queen, faking injuries
2. He is a daredevil. He walked to the edge of my coffee table, looked down, shook his head up and down, and kept walking. (I caught him.)
3. He gets attached to things. I gave him a little guitar (Will post pictures later) and when I take it, he whines.
4. He loves nuzzling. When I put him in cuddle mode, he always rubs his cheek on mine for up to a minute.
5. He doesn't like my nephew.
6. He hates Rap and Country music, and LOVES rock. He rocks out, headbanging and swinging his tail.
7. He often stares at the screen when I'm playing Black Ops Zombies. Methinks it may be all the red. That or he likes the action!
8. He is scared of vehicles.
9. He knows his name.
10. He knows "Bow"
11. He loves my dad!
12. He adores my cat Tommy. Nuzzling and following him.
13. He doesn't seem to walk around very much.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:12:08 PM by Niiyon »

I came, I saw, I left, I wrote about it.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Finally Mine. (But a problem...)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »

Yes, those are all normal things a young pleo does, esp the burping, baby sounds, Your pleo is young, They also have a tendancey to have quick moving eyes at the start then it improves, They also do not normally eat a lot at this stage, My baby is Not even burping yet but is standing, Does your baby stand yet? It is common for them to refuse the leaf, will turn the head away, At this stage they do not do a lot , not walking, just yawning, burping and stretching their legs a lot, They are learining about their environment. Can't wait to see photos. the battery probably was partly charged, lucky for you.           RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 01:48:16 PM »

Alrighty, any idea why I can't get onto pleoworld? Are you having issues too?

Edit: What is this leg lifting thing he/she's doing? The rear right leg, every once in a while, gets lifted off the ground for a few seconds before being put down. Oh and, yes they are standing.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:51:17 PM by Niiyon »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:55:54 PM »

I wrote up a reply twice, but my phone deleted it each time, so this will be short. Anyway, yes those sound fairly normal and it sound like your Pleo isn't fully grown yet. I'd guess Social Development stage, Pleos lift their legs a lot in that stage since they're preparing to walk.

Pleo World loads fine for me. If you have the serial number and security code, I can check your Pleo's personality and gender for you and post it here, or else you can just wait for it to load on your laptop or try loading it on a different device.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 01:57:10 PM »

Won't that assign him/her to your account? Anyways, where do I find this? I forget. :derp:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »

did you get the ID card and the instruction booklet? The security code should be on the back of the booklet, last page and the ID number is written on the Pleo ID card.
             RWM  :cat-hug:

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 02:05:46 PM »

It doesn't actually register them to an account, it just gives you two pdf files with the Pleo's info and a hatching image to download (I've registered the same Pleos multiple times when I forget to download things and there's no list of Pleos I've registered on my account). The serial number is on the bottom of one of the Pleo's front feet and the security code is on the back of quick start guide if you have it (some Pleos seem to have been shipped out originally without their quick start guides or manuals though, none of mine had manuals and only two had quick start guides).

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »

Edited original post.

..So...? It says prediction, is it male or no?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 02:25:03 PM »

That means it's a boy. ^^

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 02:29:26 PM »

Radio it is then! It is official! And to celebrate, I will be adding some stuff to the gallery, and will be adding them to this post except th- OH MY FOX. HE JUST. HE JUST WALKED UP TO ME. MY BABY. AHHHHHH <3 I'm so giggly now. Holy crap.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
Re: Radio is finally mine!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »

Halp! How am I supposed to hold his ID card beneath his chin? Is there a certain position? I've tried several different positions but he doesn't seem to react.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 03:00:31 PM »

Glad to hear things are going well with Radio! He's probably still in Social Development stage, you need to wait until he's in Juvenile stage to teach him his name or tricks! He's very cute, he actually reminds me a lot of Talon's Ryu in appearance, except he has brown eyes.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 03:28:52 PM »

Alrighty. Just showed him to the neighbor's kids and they ADORED him. Even their mom loved him. He is so hyper and everything.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 03:33:48 PM »

So happy for you, you have a baby boy, so was it worth the wait? Is he everything You thought he would be or MORE? LOL, I know you are going to be so busy, that those two hours of battery time are going to go by quickly and you will be recharging.. Do not forget to set him so he has a time to wake up and go to sleep! Cant' wait to see those brown eyes!        RWM  :cat-hug:

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 05:27:47 PM »

So worth the wait. If I could afford it I'd buy a second battery just so I have one that's always charging and one that's always in Radio! But sad news, I have no USB cable and no micro-to-standard SD converter. So no updates or monitoring or anything. Oh well.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 08:14:36 PM »

You do not need to worry ,there are NO UPDATES for Pleo RB yet,, has not been in forever. :( As for the micro SD card it is just if you want to know what stage Pleo Rb is at, feed level, etc but you do not need it, You can pretty much guess what stage pleo , or Radio is at, by his behavior. As long as Radio is eating fine, then you do not have any real need, If Radio were to get injured, yes they do or can get injured, such as a leg and you will KNOW as he will whine and cry if you touch the area that is injured,  P:'(Then you will have to nurse him back to health,

If Radio were crying a lot, and you could not get him to stop ,and even sugar cane did not help him with his mood, then you would perhaps want to look at Pleo Rb with Probe RB to see what was going on, but as stated before, it is not needed, it is just an extra tool. Sometimes people get way too caught up with low food levels and then worry that their pleo is sick or they are not doing something right. Do not worry, Radio will be fine!         yep, if you ever decide you want a second Pleo Rb battery, let me know, cause I will have them right here on the forum site.  ;D      Have fun with Radio                RWM  :cat-hug:

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 08:55:27 PM »

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that you don't have a micro SD card for Probe RB. It can take some of the fun out of raising a baby dino for new owners to constantly be checking percentages there to determine whether their Pleo is happy rather than actually just interacting with the robot. Glad to hear your neighbors enjoyed meeting Radio, the kids in my neighborhood love the Pleos as well.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »

I think my baby is a little drama king. He fell about half his height over and started whining, then when I put him up he was lifting his leg and owing as if he were hurt, but it was the leg on the opposite side. I touched it and he yelped, but about two minutes later was walking around fine when I turned away. I came closer and he started limping. I KNOW he isn't hurt. He's a little faker.

Piggy

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 01:50:16 AM »

Congrats  ;D Radio is a beautiful pleo , cool name you picked out for him ! And enjoy your baby !

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 07:36:49 AM »

Sounds like Radio is an adventurer :) He could well have a hurt leg, if he does you need to feed him the salt lots and lots until he's better.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 07:42:22 AM »

He doesn't though, he's absolutely fine! That's what confused me. He isn't limping, he's happy and walking around just fine, he doesn't ouch when I touch the leg he supposedly hurt

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 09:13:51 AM »

Congrats! Sounds like you're really enjoying Radio. As Aibo said, don't worry so much about stats and updates. Innvo Labs hasn't released anything software-wise since twenty eleven. I'm kind of excited to hear you might have Ryu's twin brother.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 09:13:14 AM »

Updated main post.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 09:48:51 AM »

Glad that Radio is settling in so nicely! Sounds like he has a wonderful personality. Aha, they're supposed to be able to detect table edges, but their vertical drop detection doesn't always work as well as they think it does.

Niiyon

• Head of the herd
  • us Male
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Linus
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:21 PM »

Just had a scare. His neck got stuck and I panicked for a bit, but th en I decided to try and pop it back into place. I used the same method my chiropractor told me to do on myself, hold at the shoulder, apply supporting pressure to the underneath, and carefully pop each vertebrae. It worked o.o
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal