Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB Arm Getting Hot  (Read 4580 times)

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Margot
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
Pleo RB Arm Getting Hot
« on: July 05, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »

Today I ran my pleo rb for the first time in a week or two. She has never had any problems with any part of her getting warm..until today. I had her on for 15 minutes or less, but in that short time the shoulder area of her right arm became very warm. It seemed to be operating properly, and since I've never had any issues with it before, I have no idea what the cause could be. Has anyone else had this problem?

-Jake

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Pleo RB Arm Getting Hot
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 02:43:27 PM »

Could you get a video of her operating? The arm will always heat up if there is a disconnected wire (all of the Pleos I've had with loose wires have had this issue as well), but the leg should not be functioning correctly if that is the case. It could be possible that the wire is slightly out of place and still making contact but occasionally slipping and causing heat as well, but I've never heard of this happening before and this is just a guess. If it's a hot day out, Pleos can just heat up a fair amount in a short period of time, but it's odd for one leg to heat up and not the rest. It's possible that area could have heated up more if you were holding her with your hand there though. It's also normal for a Pleo's back to heat up, so if it was the back just above the shoulder and not the shoulder itself, that shouldn't be an issue.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 04:35:39 AM »

it could be a loose wire, if the leg is working ok, or it could be something jamming the joint. I would give it a further test or two before attempting surgery, Lilo and Nani have both had warm joints that have resolved. You can try clicking the joint back and forth manually which might dislodge any dust. It makes a clicking sound when you do it, that's normal.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 05:18:36 AM »

Thanks! I will try to manually click the joint and see if that helps. When I had her on she wasn't moving strange or making any weird noises. I didn't notice anything was wrong until I turned her off and picked her up. I've only had her 4 months total so I hope nothing too serious is wrong.
-Jake

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 05:09:07 AM »

Thanks aibo7m3! I'll try to upload a video of her soon. For now I will try to be a little more specific about her issue. She was turned on between 15 and 20 minutes. Prior to that she hadn't been on for a week or so. She is 4 months out of the box. I was not holding her while she was on; she was standing on a table. She did not fall or injure herself in any way just in case you're wondering. She behaved and moved normally, and there were no strange sounds or clicking at all and the warm leg itself moved totally normally. I didn't notice anything odd until I turned her off and picked her up to move her. Her back wasn't hot at all and everything else was normal. On her front right leg, near the top of the leg, but not on her back was hot. It was warm enough that it made me nervous it might melt her skin. This is the first time I've experienced anything like that with her so I was quite surprised.
-Jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal