Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy Pleo RB in the US?  (Read 5177 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Where to buy Pleo RB in the US?
« on: April 28, 2015, 09:18:03 AM »

I've purchased two RBs from Semsons previously, but now this company has stopped carrying them (a real shame also since now I'm stuck with a broken Pleo from them that I can't return because they have no replacements). I'm now looking to get a third as a present to myself for finishing the SAT test this coming weekend, but I don't know where to turn. There's an unopened blue one on eBay for a somewhat reasonable price that I'm considering, but it's a bit higher than I'd like to pay ideally and I would prefer a green one if possible (and the estimated shipping time is about a month which seems pretty ridiculous for something in the US). The prices on PleoWorld are really high and last I checked (maybe 6 months ago), they wouldn't even ship to the US, so I'd like to avoid that option. Anyone know of a good place to get a Pleo RB in the US?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:36:42 AM by aibo7m3 »

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Margot
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
Re: Where to buy Pleo RB in the US?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 01:58:23 PM »

PleoWorld will ship to the US now. I'm not sure if they stopped for a while, but I got my RB from them in February of this year (2015). The shipping rate was ridiculous though. I think it was nearly $100. Plus, I got stuck with a surprise import fee of $40 they didn't tell me about until two weeks after receiving the RB.
-Jake

MCPleo

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): non yet
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:20:10 AM »

Hello  aibo7m3 on the Pleo World website under store locator, there is a US dealer called Robot shop USA. They are in Vermont maybe they have some in stock. www.robotshop.com/store. I was wondering that myself, if they do sell them I think I'll order from them since its here. JakelBell I had no idea the shipping was that high wow, they didn't tell you about the $40? Is Pleo world in Asia? I was searching Pleo RB on Amazon and if you google it, they have a listing but non currently there is a question that asks where they ship from, Invo labs says they ship from California. Does anyone know if you can order directly form them?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »

I've bought Pleo accessories from Robotshop before, but their RBs are out of stock and will be until late July unfortunately. The Amazon listing used to be for RBs from Semsons, but Semsons has stopped carrying them. I'm pretty certain PleoWorld ships from Asia which explains high shipping costs and customs fees.

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Margot
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

They ship from, and are based in, Hong Kong. As far as I know the US offices for Innvo Labs were closed some time ago.
-Jake

andyjo

• Hatchling
  • gb Male
  • Pleo(s): where is that or what i call it ?
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 03:09:55 PM »

yes you can get from usa

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 07:28:50 PM »

Welp, I guess it's too late to turn back because of high prices now. Robotshop had claimed they weren't restocking in July as of two days ago, but they unexpectedly reported their RBs as in stock and ready to ship today (aka I took the chance and bought one). The price is $100 higher than the reduced price they had listed before (maybe they have a small amount of stock and don't need it to sell as quickly), but since they're the only US-based company selling RBs with a warranty right now, I decided I'd just go for it. The price is $469 with no additional shipping fees and they ship out from the US, so it is a much better deal than Pleo World overall.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal