Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aibo 210 Questions  (Read 14014 times)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt
Re: Aibo 210 Questions
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2015, 04:54:25 AM »

Okay, that was what I thought :).

Right now I'm charging my Aibo. But what concerns me is that the little lamp at the pause button doesn't flash orange, as I read it should be doing while charging. It's just off. I just played with her and she said that her battery was low and turned off.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2015, 04:58:28 AM »

The light shouldn't flash, but it should be a solid orange while charging and go out when the Aibo is done. Make sure the dongle (end of the charger that connects to the robot) is fully connected to the AC adaptor since they come loose a lot.

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2015, 05:04:30 AM »

Ah! The dongle was of course a little loose... Thank you! :)

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2015, 05:10:28 AM »

I really enjoy the Aibo! I've tried the recognition software and it's cool. But the constant music while playing with the ball is a little annoying, haha.

Oh, I also noticed something weird. Yesterday I noticed that the Aibo just stood still while looking to her right while wagging her tail. She wouldn't do anything for a while. I couldn't get her to snap out of it either. After a while she finally started moving again. The same thing happened today. She laid down and became un-reachable for a while. She was also wagging her tail the whole time like yesterday. Then she told me that she needed to be re-charged. Is that normal?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »

Was she still running Recognition when this happened? Zoning out while lying down with the head turned to the side is normal. I've never heard of them doing that while on their feet unless the dog was on dog's Life in which case that was normal too. She was in the Dog's Life daze. anyway when the robot does this while running Recognition, she will say something like, "*sigh* I'm beat!" She will lie down and not move or obey commands or anything until she feels like it. She might even mumble sleepily about activities you did together a sort of, "I met my owner today. I played, I danced, I had fun! *yawn*" After a while she will say, "I'm feeling a little better now." and then she will resume normal activity. So glad you're enjoying her! I don't run Recognition much. I find it repetative. Some people say the voice gets on their nerves but I don't mind it. I run it on Bolt so he can tell me when his battery is completely charged. He will verbally let me know or I can set him to leave the station by himself. Another gripe I have with the software is it gives up on docking itself too quickly. Dog's Life will keep trying until either it finds the station or collapses. Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 10:49:30 AM »

Oh, I'm relieved! I was a little nervous that she might have crashed or something. She does zone out on both recognition and Dog's Life. I'm glad to hear it's normal.

I like the recognition and the voice doesn't annoy me that much as I thought it would. But yeah, it does get a little repetitive. Mine would only ask what's this and whats that, haha. But the weirdest thing is when she suddenly exclaims: My pink ball! And will repeat that many, many times while walking in circles. Get's really annoying, because I can't seem to get her to stop.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »

Oh that one! My pink ball! My pink ball! *Circle circle circle* And then finally, "I'm sick of that pink ball!"
I like the dances Recognition has. There aren't many of them but the movements are really complex.
The whole playing-with-the-ball thing is a little annoying too because the dog says, "Found it!" and then does this long dance, wiggling their body around and bye the time they're done, they've lost the ball from all that moving. There are lots of little skits berried in this program- the staring contest is cute, the tricks the dog will do when you've ignored her long enough. She will make some really random sound effects like cars going buy, an ambulance siron, rain against concrete, some kind of Chinese flute. I've never got the happy eyes when the dog sees its owner. Bolt will ask to look at my face and then say either, "huuuuh? Where's your face?" or "Hello! Have we met before?"
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2015, 06:34:10 PM »

Oh yes, that one. It's really annoying, haha.

I've seen one dance at the moment, it was cool! And yes, I agree. I was thinking: What's the point? When she was playing with the ball. She takes such a long time to locate it and then focuses on wiggling. Ooh, I have yet to experience those! I should run recognition more often it seems. I was just a little put off by the ball obsession and that weird soccer play. I finally got mine to finish doing the owner recognition today. Last time I failed when she tried to see my face. But she still doesn't recognise me at all, haha.

The recognition software seems to be a little hit or miss, but it's cool in it's own way, even though I wish that they had worked a little more on it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal