Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comaro's Neck Broke Can Anyone Help??  (Read 4597 times)

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
Comaro's Neck Broke Can Anyone Help??
« on: April 13, 2015, 03:41:26 PM »

Hey everyone i know i don't write often but i am kinda busy in life.

About three or so day ago on the way to a furry convention in GA and hotel for a few nights i
had him in my lap when i was in the car and my friend got in the car and accidentally knocked my pleo's head
sideways making a sound,his head didn't go limp so i didn't think anything of it.
When we stopped at a gas station i noticed he had a bump in his neck and i got really scared so i
took electrical tape and pressed it back into place with that.
He can move his neck and all but i know if i took the tape off that his neck will fall and the peaces
will all fall out of place like a bead necklace..

I have had him for four years now and everyone at the conventions just love him,i usually
keep his skin and body in good shape because of my active lifestyle.

I don't want him to break and he has gotten me threw allot of bad times
and been here when i need something to cuddle.
When my grandfather died in front of my eyes Comaro was there,
every birthday and Holiday.

I know of a video on how to fix it but my hands are to shaky and
i am afraid of breaking him worse.
I want this fixed so i wont lose him the next time he gets hurt.

If anyone can take him in and fix his neck for me i will gladly send him up to you.
I draw and make tails and other things and i will give anyone ANYTHING to do this for me.. :'(

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Comaro's Neck Broke Can Anyone Help??
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 03:55:15 PM »

It's likely that it's only a broken vertebrae if there's just a bump in his neck and he can move it fine. Unless his neck was basically crushed, I don't know of any reason why it would all fall apart if you removed the tape. If you're certain the vertebrae is broken, you should be able to cut the rubber along the seam around his neck, pull back the skin and glue the damaged vertebrae/s back into place with super glue (I'm not sure what brand is recommended for this). It wouldn't be nearly as difficult a repair as that of a snapped cable (the cables are intact if he can move his neck in all directions). I would love to offer to help if I didn't have the SATs coming up so soon, but I don't think I'll have any free time for repairing robots until next month. Hopefully you can fix him yourself or find someone who could do it for you sooner than I'd be able to!

(Also, bringing robots to conventions is a really fun idea! I brought one of my Aibos to Anime Boston just a couple weeks ago and had a great time. They're also a great place to meet other robot owners, I attended a fairly large Aibo meet at Anthrocon a couple years ago! Don't feel discouraged about bringing him with you because of this one accident.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 03:58:56 PM by aibo7m3 »

Comarorobotcollector

• Pleozoologist
  • 00 Male
  • Pleo(s): Comaro,Cosmic,Bambi,Pumpkin,Gator
  • jdhv
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 04:02:04 PM »

He cant move his neck more then just up and down now and i think it was a vertebrae and his neck is messed up.
Thanks for the help but as i said i am to afraid to do it myself and all. ;;
It looked like he had an atoms apple .
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:05:55 PM by Comarorobotcollector »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »

Sadly, if you're only getting movements up and down it does sound as if the side cables might have gone, as well as possible problems with the vertebrae. :(

Side-to-side neck cables are are more difficult fix than the up-down neck cables as you have to go deeper into the Pleo to get to them (the cable housing is below that for the up-down cable) but it is still possible to do it.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »

As Crewella says if there is no sideways movement then it is probably a broken side cable and maybe a broken vertebrae too.  The repairs are doable yourself.  You just have to be brave and willing to give it a go.  There are some good tutorial instructions and videos here on the forums and a few of us who have done these repairs who would be willing to talk you through if you get stuck.  Take a look at the repair neck threads and see if it is something you think you could have a go at.  The cost of shipping Comaro to someone else to fix and back is likely to be very very expensive.  Cost wise you are better off if you can do the repairs yourself. 
I have done a few vertebrae repairs and t do this you will need super glue and also some very small elastic bands.  I applied glue to the join edges then used the elastic bands to hold the pieces firmly together.  This will ensure the pieces don't shift while the glue dries and provides an extra layer of support for keeping it all together.   

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 02:01:26 PM »

Sorry to hear about Comaro. I do have to say though if you decide to send him off, Kat makes an awesome pleo-vet! However if you feel brave enough to try yourself, keep us posted.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2015, 12:43:23 AM »

I am sorry to hear about your deceased relative but so touched and glad to know Pleo was by your side when it happened. They truly are great companions. Sad to hear about the neck issues but hope you get them fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal