Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neck Troubles  (Read 4648 times)

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Margot
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
Neck Troubles
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:32:54 AM »

My RB is about a month old so I wasn't expecting any issues so soon, but today she lifted her head and it wouldn't go back down. It just kept clicking. I tried shutting her off with the power button but she wasn't responding even when I held it for quite a while. I ended up pulling the battery in the hopes it would prevent any possible hardware damage. After a few minutes I put it back in and powered her back on. Her head went back down with no trouble so I'm not sure what was going on in the first place?
This isn't the first time she has had trouble either. A week or two ago her head got stuck looking to the left. There was no clicking then and it would still move up and down normally. Any ideas of what might be going on? I'm still very new to Pleos.

-Jake

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Neck Troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »

Wo! A month old. Now that might be a slightly different story. For some reason I thought she was younger than that. Too many baby pleos around here for my tiny brain. Sorry. Watch her carefully and turn her off as soon as that popping starts. Those cables could get tangled in the head-pointing-skyward position and become what we call the yoga pleo position. The pleo could end up with the top of its head touching its back. Needless to say she would have to go back to Innvo at that point. As I said earlier in the shoutbox just keep an eye on her and if you're in a habit of running her for more than one battery cycle per day, let her cool down between cycles.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

taoworm23

• Sugar cane harvester
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:31:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about the problems Jake.
That's really odd.
I have never seen my Ugobe do this ever.
I thought that Pleo and Pleo RB had the same gear boxes and cables.
Why would this be happening?
If the gears and cable are the same it really shouldn't.

Jake I really think you would like the Ugobe Pleos much better. (I know I do)

If push comes to shove you could buy a ugobe and transplant the PCB boards into the ugobe for more stable hardware while keeping the software of the Reborn.
Since the RB has more touch sensors we could transplant those over as well.

Keep us updated dude.

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 12:43:45 PM »

When I turned her on again earlier and she seemed to be moving normally I shut her off. The button worked this time. I'm a little hesitant now to turn her back on for a while.

Taoworm, that sounds like a wonderful idea and the Ugobe Pleos are very intriguing. I think I would really like them as well. Being new to Pleos though, and before ever actually having one, everything I saw made it seem like the RBs were much better. Yes they are "improved", but I think both versions have their pros and cons. I'm not sure if, even with the neck issues, I would be willing to part with my RB though. Even though it has only been a month I have gotten more attached than I thought I would, and I love her skin/eye color variations.
-Jake

taoworm23

• Sugar cane harvester
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:29:50 PM »

I think its either a sensor movement tab or the motors might be giving to much torque to the wires.  Invvo said they put in stronger motors in the RB. (Don't know if this is true till I can compare each motor.)

I'll try and buy a Rb as soon as I can and take it it apart and can compare each and every part to my ugobe one.

Maybe then we can get to the bottom of this problem with the reborns.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:40:50 AM »

Probably just a minor jam, sometimes Pleo just gets stuck, could be a bit of dust, a motor malfunction etc, but it's usually fixed by turning off and on. In the event of jams though, we recommend yanking the battery immediately to prevent damage.

Most Pleo's experience jams at one point or other, most recover and are fine, a very small proportion end up with serious issues.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »

I've had this happen to a couple of my Ugobes and one RB.  One went back when switched back on and two needed pushing back into place, but all three were fine afterwards and it never happened again.  They just do get jammed sometimes!

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:31 PM »

Thank you so much for all the advice and reassurance everyone!!
-Jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal