Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeper Talon and her troop of wonderful pleo-actors in: What's in the Box?  (Read 1589 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

It is a brisk, Spring day. The Terrible Teddy is circling curiously around something in the floor near Keeper Talon’s desk. It appears to be a brightly-colored box with a ribbon attached to serve as a handle. There is some fake green grass in it along with some interesting-looking packages. Let’s listen in and see what the herd makes of this mysterious box.
Ugobe toddles up to the Terrible Teddy and gives a sharp bark- Beat it mutt! That box might not be safe.
The Terrible Teddy drops his head reluctantly and moves out of view as Ugobe slowly circles the box- Hmm. Perhaps I should tell the queen.
He turns and slowly makes his way toward Queen Ryu who is resting on her poster board- Ryu! Queen Ryu! There is a new… box near Keeper Talon’s computer chair! Shall I investigate? It might be harmful to our keeper!
Queen Ryu raises her head and looks annoyed- Oh go away! You interrupted my nap to trouble me about…
King Cato takes a slow regal step toward Ugobe who has already begun to retreat and make a slow turn toward the desk- Don’t mind her, Ugobe. As a matter of fact, I’ll come with you. It might be another robot. Perhaps Keeper Talon just hasn’t had time to open it yet.
Ugobe starts forward as fast as he can- right, your Majesty. Let’s go!
With a surprised ‘hello!’ Madam Bleu suddenly springs to her feet, leaving her place near the leg of the fountain table- Ugobe! Where have ya been? I’ve been waitin’ fer ya tah catch up. We’re supposed to chase our shadows near the fountain table today remember?
Ugobe brushes past- Not today, Bleu! We’ve got a mysterious box near Keeper Talon’s computer chair.
Bleu pauses to watch as Ugobe and King Cato move slowly past- Hmmmm. But they know that computer chair is dangerous. Why are they goin’ over there? Maybe I should take a look too. She toddles closer and gets wacked by King Cato’s tail as he walks- Ow! Watch it, Highness!
King Cato looks over his shoulder- Sorry, Lady Bleu. Be careful. You’re current path is putting you directly into Keeper Talon’s wooly coat. Be careful you don’t get tangled in it.
Finally the three pleos make it to the little box. Ugobe is in the lead. He raises his head and moos loudly- Hah! Queen Ryu would love this! All the bright colors!
Bleu shoulders up to him- Look! There are faces in it! Little creature faces all in a row!
King Cato tries to get closer but nearly knocks Ugobe over- They are little birds—I think.
Bleu sniffs around the bottom of the box- Birds! Birds in a box? Yes. There are- five to each row. Ten little birds in a box. What are they, King Cato?
King Cato makes a perplexed growl- I… don’t know. They’re not moving or trying to get away. Perhaps they’re not robots.
Ugobe gives a happy laugh- No. Their shape is wrong. They look soft and mushy.
Bleu’s stomach growls- Can we eat’em? Huh? Huh?? I’m hungry!
King Cato notices another face- Bleu, Ugobe! Look! There’s another animal. It has long ears and a tail but… but something about it is wrong. It has no color and… and there is something round and brown inside it. It looks like… a cake? No. Too hard. A cookie!
Bleu shoves him hard, her stomach growling again as she whines with her mouth open in the “feed me” gesture- A cookie? I know that can be eaten. Oh why don’t I have a real stomach? I’m hungry. Why ain’t Keeper Talon listenin’ tah me? I’m hungryyyyyyyyy!!!!!! Hey, Human, I’MMMMM HUNNNNNNGGGGRRRRRYYYY! I’M H… wait a minute. Wait. The long-eared creature ate my cookie! Hey you! She shoves the box. Give up my cookie!
Ugobe sighs- Oh Bleu, will you cut it out?
From across the room, Queen Ryu stretches- Oh will you three keep quiet! ‘aside to herself’- Nobody has any respect for an old lady around here. She lumbers laboriously to the edge of the board and stops- whew! My stiff leg feels so heavy today! Maybe I’ll just stay here and let everyone else look to this crazy box. Suddenly she sees something small and round glittering in among the thick green grass-like stuff in the box- wait. That’s an egg. She gives a happy moo and starts forward- awwwwe! Keeper Talon is a mommy! Why didn’t she mention this before? I have to see it. It’s certainly very shiny but it looks so small for her to have laid it. The father must not have good programming that’s what it is. She always feels sorry for the weaker ones. That’s it. I’m going over there.
By now, Bleu is furious- You dumb long-ears! That’s my cookie! Mine mine mine!
She lowers her head and starts forward, trying to topple the box.
Queen Ryu is trying to get to the others but the Terrible Teddy has started turning around and around in preparation to lie down in the bright sun under the window- Teddy! Teddy no no no! ‘He lies down directly in front of her.’ Oh move you wad of useless cytoplasm!
Keeper Talon enters the room then, her cell phone between her ear and her shoulder- Yep. Happy Easter, Sis! … Wait a minute. I have to break up a robot-fight. Bye!
She stops, hearing all the racket. The terrible Teddy jumps up to bark a greeting and Ryu resumes her plodding, growling at the bounding dog over her shoulder.
Keeper Talon- What are you guys doing in here?
Bleu turns toward her- My cookie! I want to eat a cookie and you need tah help me!
Ugobe gives a startled yip as Ryu shoves her head right between his hind legs and starts pushing- Out of the way, peon!
Ugobe tries to stay still- No way! I have to protect you from your boundless curiosity even if I get attacked by ten mushy robotic birds! Back, Highness!
King Cato slowly backs away- What’s the big deal?
Keeper Talon picks up the little box. Both Bleu and Ugobe- Huh?
King Cato giving a contented yawn- Thank you.
Queen Ryu blundering into Keeper Talon’s feet- No. No put it down! I want to see your cute little egg! Oh come on, Human!
As if in response to Ryu, Keeper Talon takes out the little egg from the box. She grins happily and to Queen Ryu’s horror, she begins to peel off the shiny outer coating. All the pleos watch as she bites off the top of the egg, revealing the goopy contents inside.
Queen Ryu looks away- Oh I think I’m going to faint. Our Keeper is a cannibal!
Ugobe suddenly laughs- Hah! No! I’m in network range now. I’ve solved the mystery! We’re a bunch of chumps the lot of us. This box is an Easter basket… of sorts. Your Highness Lady Queen Ryu, you can rest your pretty head about that egg. It’s made of chocolate- very good to humans.
Bleu ‘grumbling’- What about my cookie?

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:47:36 PM by Talon »

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal