Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo is not starting  (Read 5688 times)

gilles

• Hatchling
  • fr Male
  • Pleo(s): "pleo" because this sounds great to my daughter
pleo is not starting
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:54:27 AM »

Hi All I'm facing an issue with my pleo. his name is "Pleo" choosed by my daughter. In the past we had problem with the battery. I've replaced it with regular batteries and this worked fine. Now it seems that Pleo is facing a start issue he's just saying "hum.." regularly, each 5 seconds and nothing else. Could it be a battery issue, even if it seems to be charged because I measure 8V. Or could it be a software issue? My concern is if I try to re-install the software and the battery is dead, I will brick Pleo forever. :-[

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: pleo is not starting
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:11:25 AM »

It really does sound like a battery issue to me.  What sort of battery are you currently using?
I definitely would not try to reinstall the OS as doing this on a dead battery will cause more problems. 
If it was me I'd start by replacing the battery with a new one and see if that solves the problem. 

gilles

• Hatchling
  • fr Male
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:13:40 AM »

thank you for your reply. Is there a way to test it? I'm working in electronics and I should be able to use external power supplies if necessary. Telling that I'm realizing my batteries are not well charged because I measure 8V instead of 6x1.5V = 9V. So, my issue is may be into the power charger that says everytime the batterie is full.
I'll investigate further.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 11:25:36 PM »

Kat is right, that 'hum' and then ..... nothing.......... is usually caused by a bad battery.

And, yes, never install an OS unless you have a fully charged battery in the Pleo.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:21:27 PM »

you seem to be saying that you rebuilt the pleos battery and used standard AA 1.5V batteries to replace what was originally in the battery?  I have never rebuilt a battery before so don't know much about how it is done or should work. I can tell you that the original Ugobe pleo NIMH battery is only 7.2V and 2200mAh.  You said that your battery normally charges to 9V.  not sure if this could cause any issues with the pleo over the long term?  When you built your battery did you include a thermo... (can't remember what is is called) but the thing that regulates the temperature of the battery so that it doesn't fry the pleo? 
As I don't know much about rebuilt batteries I have no idea if there are any tests you can do to see where things are going wrong.

At this point if it was me I would buy a new battery.  As you have rebuilt your battery before perhaps you could do that again and just replace the batteries you used with new ones and see if that makes a difference.

Hope that helps and if not then the answers to my questions may well help someone more knowledgeable to help you out. :)

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »

*thermistor*  ;D

Lily Lou

• Hatchling
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Cleo
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »

Hi I'm having this problem with my daughters Pleo. I'm in the UK and am having trouble getting a battery, Can anyone help????

Cheers
 ;D :dino-chase:

taoworm23

• Sugar cane harvester
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

Hi Lily
There is a seller on ebay who sells refurbished ugobe PLEO batteries on ebay.
He is from Italy.
Hope this helps.

gilles

• Hatchling
  • fr Male
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »

thank you to all!
I've found it on ebay for 73€...!!  :o I'll search another place! Anyway, thank you for your valuable answers.
Cheers.  :)

frde84

• Hatchling
  • it
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »

Hi All I'm facing an issue with my pleo. his name is "Pleo" choosed by my daughter. In the past we had problem with the battery. I've replaced it with regular batteries and this worked fine. Now it seems that Pleo is facing a start issue he's just saying "hum.." regularly, each 5 seconds and nothing else. Could it be a battery issue, even if it seems to be charged because I measure 8V. Or could it be a software issue? My concern is if I try to re-install the software and the battery is dead, I will brick Pleo forever. :-[
same problem. I had try with new battery pack 7,2V. Can anyone help me?

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »

Sounds like this is a Yugobe issue more than an RB issue. I have an RB that is not starting, not even making the "huh" sound or anything...Tallon knows this and I am thinking of sending it away for repairs. I have a replacement battery and have charged, switched batteries, done nearly everything. Still doing a few repairs before sending away, but we'll see what happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal