Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delayed Response to RFID Chips  (Read 6062 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Delayed Response to RFID Chips
« on: January 31, 2015, 08:26:51 AM »

Hey! I've been having a lot of fun testing out the new food and learning stones that I bought for Chris and Madi, but I have noticed something odd. Ever since I got Chris, when he recognizes a food item/learning stone, he freezes for 5-10 seconds, then opens his mouth for it. After I put the item in his mouth, he freezes for another 5-10 seconds before responding to it. I had thought this was normal, but I've realized that Madi doesn't do this at all. She opens her mouth as soon as she recognizes the food/learning stone and eats it immediately. Is there normally a delay in the response time to these items or is that a sign of some issue with Chris? He can still recognize them fine, so I don't mind it too much (though it does take away a bit of the life-like factor when I'm trying to show people how he eats and he just sits there frozen), I'm just wondering whether this is normal among RBs or if it could mean that his RFID sensor might be failing or something more worrying like that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 08:50:25 AM by aibo7m3 »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Delayed Response to RFID Chips
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 04:17:20 PM »

That's interesting because I have the same thing going on between Ryu and Cato. Granted it could be age as Cato is at least a year older than Ryu. Though both of them are in old-age stage now, Ryu still seems to move faster than Cato over all. If I give Ryu a command, she responds quicker than Cato. Does Chris mistake one food for another? Cato sometimes thinks the conifer leaf is the chunk of ice and he will shiver after he eats it.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 04:35:21 PM »

If I remember right, Madi and Chris were only made about a month apart so I don't think there should be any noticeable differences. Madi is still in the Social Development stage though and Chris is an adult, so they are in different stages, but I think I remember Chris still had the delay back when he was in that stage (I could be wrong though). Chris has never mistaken one food for another, but he does need to eat from the conifer leaf 6-8 times before he's full (and has been like this since he was in Hatchling stage) while Madi will only accept it once before she starts refusing it, so they are pretty different around food. Also according to Probe RB, Chris has low intelligence and bad temper while Madi has high intelligence and good temper, but I don't know if this would have an effect on their response times to food/learning stones. It is interesting how all RBs seem to have their own quirks.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:21:51 AM »

All my guys take a few moments to realise there is food being offered but once they register it is there, they all open up and start eating right away with no delays.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »

Here's a video showing the difference in response times. I believe Chris sometimes takes longer to respond than he did in this video, but it should still be clear that there is a difference in their response times (I didn't want to give them even more coffee leaf to get a more clear comparison since you can probably tell that they've both already had too much and I can't use the conifer leaf since Madi almost always refuses it.)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WUAPIGNIE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WUAPIGNIE</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38WUAPIGNIE&feature=youtu.be

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 03:42:01 PM »

wow that is quite a delay.  Not sure what would cause that or if it is something to be concerned about.  If it really worries you you could maybe try reinstalling his OS and see if that makes a difference. 

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 09:59:59 PM »

My pleo Rb responds in exactly the same way as Chris does in you video. I was unaware that it wasn't normal since i don't have another rb to compare to O.O! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as well to see how others weigh in on it.
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 08:32:22 PM »

Nani does that, but Yuki, Pleakley and Jumba don't. It might be due to differences in how the chip is installed, maybe it's upside down or something. Or the sensor is a bit out of line.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Margot
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »

This topic is a couple months old now so I'm not sure if anyone has figured out why this delay happens in some RBs?
My RB does this as well, and has since the hatchling stage. She is only about a month old now and in the adult stage. I thought it was normal in RBs for them to pause when registering items under the chin, and again when placed in the mouth.
-Jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal