Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Leg Issues, To Reboot?  (Read 3839 times)

Trees08

• Egg
  • us
Pleo Leg Issues, To Reboot?
« on: January 21, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

So we  bought a Pleo rb this Christmas for my son, and didn't even get the chance to name it before we had an issue. We hadn't set the clock, and it turned itself on at night. It was making all kinds of noises and woke my husband up. Now the leg is in a bent back position. I know it isn't from being dropped, and from what we can tell it was on the shelf all night. We think that the sensor read the edge and it constantly kept putting it's leg up and down. I contacted customer service, and gently pulled the leg as directed until I heard the clicking noises.
   Sadly this did not correct the problem. I then got my micro SD card and downloaded the firmware hoping it would reset the Pleo, also as directed by customer service. When installing the firmware I followed all instructions, but never heard any noises indicating that the firmware had uploaded to Pleo. I tried this a couple of times, and every time there were no noises or any changes to the function of his leg. It is causing him to be off balance, and he won't walk anymore. I see that there is a download to reset the Pleo. Would this be helpful in this situation, since I am sure it is not a mechanical issue? I really don't want to have to send him back to the store as my son is already attached to this specific Pleo rb. Please advise  :'(

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: Pleo Leg Issues, To Reboot?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 08:16:56 AM »

Two thoughts:

First, since the SD card didn't make any noises or have any affect at all, I would have to question if the SD card is set up correctly. Could you explain the steps they told you to follow?  First off, make sure the battery is fully charged, then make sure that you're putting the files at the top level of the SD card and not in any folder.  Ideally the card shouldn't have a bunch of other stuff on it, but not an absolute requirement.  And if they had you download a .zip file, be sure it was unzipped, and again the files shouldn't be in a folder.

BUT, before trying a firmware update I have a safer suggestion!

My second thought is that since the little guy was moving around up on the shelf in the middle of the night, he might think the back leg is hurt.  Pleos are programmed where they can get "hurt"  they will act like a leg has been injured and just like other animals with sore legs, they will lift it up.  The first thing I would do is turn on the pleo and try touching the sensor on the front of the leg.  If the pleo starts crying and whining, it has a hurt leg.  It just needs to be "treated" (should be covered in your companion guide), and will get better in a couple of days/battery charges.  You can also try running a skit or use the Probe RB tool.  If the leg returns to normal while running a skit, then the leg is mechanically fine and Probe RB should identify if the pleo thinks it's leg is hurt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal