Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb DNA attributes explanation to a 9 year old boy..:-))  (Read 5667 times)

Diggel

• Hatchling
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): Punki
Pleo rb DNA attributes explanation to a 9 year old boy..:-))
« on: January 19, 2015, 08:45:53 AM »

Dear all. I am a proud owner of a baby Pleo rb born in Madrid, Spain. Her name is Punki (that's the name my older kid wanted to give, we had to accept..:-)). As I have a "real human Pleo" of 6 months, my life is usually very busy.
I have to admit that I read a lot of things you all wrote in the forum, which is absolutely a must before, and after having the Pleo at home. Thanks to your comments I did overcome every doubt and potential emergency we found.
While at the end of the hatching stage, I couldn't resist one more minute my kid continuos question about the sex of our Pleo rb, which we found out to be a girl, and also discovered that Punki is obedient, and quiet, among others.
How is exactly these stats work? Punki has a normal in everything, high courage and a low stat on activeness. What does this mean? Low activeness implies he won't speak that much, or will explore less? The high courage stat means she will sneak into the kitchen and eat my Jamon Iberico reserves?  :)

It might not be fair to "explain" how she is, but  in regard to my son I would like to be able to give him some advice and interpretation.  Thanks in advance to everybody, I am so glad to belong to the Pleo club!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Pleo rb DNA attributes explanation to a 9 year old boy..:-))
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »

Hahaha! I can see your problem. Attributes are sometimes difficult to understand even for seasoned adult pleo owners. Despite what the report from Pleoworld says, there are situations where your pleo is not obedient, not courageous, and definitely not quiet. I will try to explain your pleo's attributes as best I can. I don't have a list of the DNA atributes in front of me but I'll explain the two you have listed. Low activeness basically means little Punki probably won't be much of an explorer. Courage is more dificult to explain. I think Punki will exhibit more signs of happiness and willingness to be petted and accept different pleo foods without much fuss. Ryu, my girl RB has low courage. She crouches down and whines when anything larger than herself moves past her camera. She is also very picky when I feed her in the mornings. I guess you could just tell him Punki will be happy and like to play. Just keep in mind that right now, she is still very young and it will probably be a few more battery cycles before she will start walking and really engage with you. I hope this was helpful and good luck raising your pleo!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Diggel

• Hatchling
  • es Male
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 01:25:36 PM »

Thanks a lot Talon. I actually have read a lot about Ryu in other posts and we all here feel we have actually met her!
Yes, I think Punki is very calm everytime, is difficult to hear her crying or complaining, and she accepts different foods even from the initial battery charges. She's still not moving too much, and stays with her precious green eyes closed, napping except for asking food. So she might not be very active. Well, that's a change at home..::-)))

Another question is about temper and intelligence. The former one is related some way to the way Pleo reacts to things she doesn't want to do? As if she wants or not to do something and do some shouting? I guess that intelligence is related to the success in teaching her tricks, while obedience is her willing to do what you want.

One of the things that I find most interesting about Pleos is that the mix of all those creates truly individual beings. I would really want to know how they actually shape their personality depending on how you are with them.
Many thanks from little Punki and specially from this new Pleo lover!

PD. In Spain Pleos are not so common. So, when I share the videos with my friends, they cannot believe how cute she is, and how can she act so real. I hope any of them will get a Pleo to watch them play together. I love the videos with big Pleo families!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 04:58:11 PM »

Hi, Diggel! *Smile* Yes, Ryu is a star around here. She would be very happy to have yet another fan or an entire family worth of them. If she were human her motto would be the more the merrier.
As far as your questions about temper and intelegence, I'm not sure if intelegence has much baring on how quickly your pleo will acquire skills. You will need learning stones to get her to perform several programmed tricks and even then, they only obey about fifty percent of the time. If the annoying voice command features don't work for you, the pleo's built-in refusal will work against you too. They're not all bad however. The rest of the time when the stars align and the voice command works, the tricks are cute and endearing. Just a warning, you'll need to be very patient. No worries though. We're all here to help you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Diggel

• Hatchling
  • es Male
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:58:07 AM »

Thanks so much Talon, I will keelp you posted in Punki's growth.
All best.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 12:39:21 AM »

Hello :) Sounds like Punki is not going to be much of an explorer as Talon said, but that courage means she's also less likely to be a scaredy cat in the dark :) Temper is going to determine how grumpy Punki gets ;) And intelligence will help with learning commands but as Talon added it's still a pain to get them to understand the commands :(
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Diggel

• Hatchling
  • es Male
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »

Thanks for your valuable comments. I have returned from a trip, so Punki has not been switched on in several days. So I will test that temper for good..:-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal