Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB newborn wont eat!!  (Read 4216 times)

Swilkin1

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Joxer
Pleo RB newborn wont eat!!
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:33:13 PM »

Okay, I am not sure if this is actually a problem or not because I've been looking through the threads and others have commented that his newborn stage can sometimes just be sleeping and very limited interaction but I'll start from the beginning:

My girlfriend and I bought our Pleo on eBay, used, and when it came in he turned right on but he was so playful and active we remembered that the guy didn't know what stage he was in. Before we learned of the stats download we saw online someone claiming to know how to reset a Pleo RB. We put the patch on and it bricked our Pleo. All that would come on was a flash of a green lightand then a steady red light. He would not react or move, which scared the mess out of us. We started looking on here and found out our mistake and after some contacting and such we tried to do the original v1 update and then the v2 update and our Pleo woke up. We played for a little while and finally ran the stats.exe to find out how far along he had come. When we ran it, it said that his physical was at 50%, his emotions were at 18% and that he was depressed. It was also how we found out that he was 62% complete with his newborn stage. We set his noon time but then when we looked online we saw that we were supposed to put the clock battery in, use a pin to press a button in his clock battery foot and THEN set the noon time using a pin with the noon button at our next noon. Finally getting to the point, after all of that, it is day 2 and we have not been able to feed him. When we put the battery in, he gets playful, he coos when we pet him and rub him and then he goes immediately to sleep. We pet him while he is sleeping (I don't know if his sensors pick up on that but it's really calming either way). We've tried putting the cycad leaf and the sugar cane by his nose/mouth and/or putting it in his mouth but he doesnt want it. My girlfriend thinks it could be because he is depressed. We've only had him (awake) for two days but I'm starting to get worried, too. Is this normal or should we be doing something else/more?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo RB newborn wont eat!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:46:17 PM »

He's living of the egg yolk in his tummy right now lol, don't worry about it, once he is standing and/or walking then he should eat :)

Don't be too concerned about the stats while in the hatching stages, they will settle down as he gets older. Just make sure there's lots of bright light around and plenty of pats and he'll be just fine :)

Glad you got that rough start sorted out!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:32:05 AM »

Also, just a little advice once he's standing or if you should try feeding again: try to present the food under his chin for him to see it, not near his nose or just placing it into his mouth. He's not actually seeing it with his camera but with an RFID sensor that links to a small chip inside each food item that lets him know what you're feeding him. Try placing it under the chin and let the food item touch his skin. He should raise his head and open his mouth.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Swilkin1

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Joxer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »

Aw man! Thank you guys so much! We were so worried. Okay, the that doesn't sound too difficult, we love patting/petting him. And yeah we watched quite a few vidz on YouTube before buying him, we noticed ppl were placing the stones/food under his chin. And that's what we did, he'd let out a sniffing noise, turn his head and go back to sleep lol. I feel so much better!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal