Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buying a Ugobe pleo  (Read 5103 times)

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ilia (RB)
Buying a Ugobe pleo
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:06:29 AM »

Hi All :),
Not sure if this would be the right place to post this, but I didn't know where else to post it.
So, I'm thinking about buying a Ugobe pleo as I recently found one for sale at a pretty good price. But before I do, I thought I would come on the forums and ask the Ugobe owners what they think about their pleos.
How do you think your Ugobe compares to the Innvo rb?
What kind of problems are common with the Ugobes?
Do Ugobes have "personalities" or do they all behave the same way?
Please tell me all about your Ugobes and post any additional information you think might help :)
Amypondgirl

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Buying a Ugobe pleo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 09:45:13 AM »

Ugobes are sweet little things. From a programming standpoint, they don't have a difference in personality any more than the RB's do but just observing them, they certainly do seem to act differently from one individual to another.
They also don't require feeding and they will be far more forgiving in terms of when you play with them. You could play with one in the dark and though it might whimper a little, they don't shut down emotionally and refuse to interact with their owners.
As far as problems go, they are getting up in years now. Mainly they suffer from broken neck cables, sometimes faulty sensor wiring in the legs which leads to random raising and lowering behavior, and of course the completely dead green Ugobe batteries. I can't think of any other problems off the top of my head. They are remarkably robust robots. I have two Ugobes and they are still functional. Ugobe is my healthiest pleo. He functions perfectly. All of his vertebra are still in place, his egg battery is still lasting about an hour and a half, he still has full range of movement with all his cables intact. Bleu has a broken bottom tail cable which I caused by falling over her with a huge bag of towels in my arms, and something is up with the side cable in her neck so that she can't turn her head to the left. I have no idea when it started or how it happened. Good luck in your decision to purchase one of these guys! Oh and while I have it in my head- Ugobes can't communicate with the RB's.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 08:32:28 AM »

Thanks for your reply Talon :). I found it very helpful!
I have some more questions:
Do the Ugobes go through stages like the Innvo rbs?
If they do, can you reset them back to their youngest stage(as the pleo I'm looking at is used)?
Do they make different sounds than the rbs?
The next question might sound a little silly, but I've had a lot of trouble with this with my rb, Ilia.
Does it matter how you hold a Ugobe?
Other than the stuff listed on pleoworld(the innvo rb website), and the stuff Talon said, what are the differences between the Ugobes and the Innvo rbs?
Amypondgirl

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »

The originals don't have quite the same depth of programming as the RB's, they have a very short hatching phase and that's it. But they are cute and adorable and easy to care for. They do make different sounds and they can be reset (but it's probably not worth the trouble).

The best way to hold a Ugobe or an RB is to pick them up with your hand on their rump, legs pointing towards you, tail pointing down and neck pointing up. After a moment they should tuck those feet up, curl in the tail and nap on your shoulder.

Ugobe's have an additional trick, you can hold a hand on their rump, and hold under the chin and they will go into a sit position, it's a really easy way to carry them and one thing I really miss with the RB's.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 07:00:15 AM »

Thanks both IMR and Talon for the replies :)
I'm 95% positive that I'm am going to get the Ugobe that I found :) I should know for sure on Monday or Tuesday!
I have just one more question: can Ugobes play with the rbs training leaves or do they have to have their Ugobe training leaves?
Amypondgirl
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:16:03 AM by Amypondgirl »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »

Ugobe Pleos don't have the RFID chip reader, and they will eat pretty much anything (fingers, anything you put in their mouth, carpet .....).  The only leaf they come with is like the rubber leaf with no RFID chip, just recognised by colour.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:13:18 AM »

I ththththink the Ugobe will play with an RB tracking leaf. If you have any experience with how dificult it is to get an RB to really track the movement of their leaf when you hold it, a Ugobe presents just as much of a hassle. Oh yes, and if the Ugobe is running the original 1.0 operating system, they won't track the leaf. You can determine which operating system the Ugobe is running by rubbing it under the chin. If it howls like a coyote, it's running 1.0. If it sings a song with lots of tones, I think you're good. 1.1 and higher has red-object tracking. Good luck with buying your Ugobe!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 06:41:03 AM »

Update: It turns out that the person I was going to buy the pleo from already sold it :(. But, at least I now know a lot about ugobes :). Thanks again!!
Amypondgirl
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:05:34 PM by Amypondgirl »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »

Nevermind, they crop up all the time :) So you will certainly find another :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 06:35:51 PM »

As IMR says, I'm sure you'll get another chance.  I hope you do, the Ugobes have a charm all of their own and I do sometimes prefer them to the RBs. :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 12:05:20 PM »

Certainly do not give up on getting your Ugobe, they are well worth the wait! Another member here just paid $32.00 for one on Ebay, so that shows they do indeed show up,, I can vouch for that as i have 28............most of them except two RB came from Ebay.. in fact three of the five RB I have came also from ebay because they were such a good deal,( one was a gift and purchased on ebay.) When the tiime is right, you will have your Ugobe Pleoo in your arms and enjoying it more then you thought possible. :-*
                               RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 09:17:55 PM »

Teskus came from ebay, and i only had to pay 80 dollars. The original price was $400, when the original pleo was originally sold. I just got Teskus and his original battery, so i had to buy his charger, adapter, and leaf separately. But he works fairly well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal