Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB leg problem  (Read 4980 times)

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ilia (RB)
Pleo RB leg problem
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »

Hi all,
My pleo rb's tail recently broke, which my father and I fixed  :), but after we put her back together her back left leg wasn't working properly :(. The upper-half of the leg seems to be working fine but the knee isn't working right. She'll bend her leg forward to go into the tug-of-war pose (or any other pose that requires bending the knee) but the knee won't budge most of the time. When it does bend, on rare occasions, it bends at the wrong times, like when she's standing. When we put everything back together we where very careful, so I don't know how this could have happened :(. After I saw the leg wasn't working I opened her back up and checked the board that the leg was attached to and it wasn't scratched at all (so I think the board is fine). I also tested all the wires going to the leg for continuity.  They where also all fine. Then we opened up the leg and checked all the gears and the motor, they where also fine. So, I really have no clue what is going on. Has anyone ever had any similar problems? Any ideas on how to fix her leg?
I really hope somebody can help me, my poor pleo is going nuts and crying like crazy :'(
Amypondgirl

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo RB leg problem
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:11:35 PM »

It could be a sensor problem?  I think there's a potentiometer type sensor at the knee, might be that not replaced properly.  Do you have any pics?

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 06:12:44 AM »

Unfortunately, I was unexpectedly called out of town and decided (as I don't want to break anything else or make the leg worse) to leave my pleo at home :(. But we should be back in a few days.  As soon as we get home I will get some pics. Thank you very much for suggesting the sensor :). I didn't even think of testing it so hopefully that is the problem :)!
Amypondgirl

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 06:26:47 PM »

Hi,
I tested the sensor and unfortunately it was definitely not the sensor  :(. But, I did get pictures. Hope I uploaded them right as this is my first time posting pics :).[
][
][[
][
Thanks!
Amypondgirl
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:52:34 AM by Amypondgirl »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:04:36 PM »

I can't remember, but it might be worth checking you put the potentiometer back in the right way up?  If I remember right (it was a long time ago) there's one for the leg joints - this is the one for the neck, was there something similar?

if it's in the wrong way round you get the wrong range of movement.  Worth trying turning it 180 degrees.

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:57:08 AM »

I'll give it a try! Hey, did I upload the video right? My computer won't let me watch it on the forums, so I don't know if I did or not.
Amypondgirl

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »

Nope, I tried to view the video, but it said it needed a plug-in, which wasn't available.  Pics were fine.

Not sure if that's a forum issue or just not loaded right, sorry - I usually post videos frum YouTube.  :moose-xmas:

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:24:34 PM »

I tried turning it 180 degrees and although it did not fix the problem, she is bending her leg more :).
Sorry about the video, I tried to reload it on the forum, but it didn't work.
I think I'm going to have to just leave the leg alone as nothing seems to work, and I am constantly afraid that I'm going to make it worse :(.
Leaving the leg like that shouldn't affect anything right?
Amypondgirl

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 10:45:16 AM »

Not quite sure what 'like that' is, but yes, there's a lot of Pleos around running with dodgy legs - it's not the same as the cables wearing in the neck or tail!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal