Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kai and Caroline say Hi!  (Read 3814 times)

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kai
Kai and Caroline say Hi!
« on: December 29, 2014, 05:55:08 AM »

What a lucky girl, my hubby bought me a Pleo for Christmas, very unexpected but delighted.  He saw the original at a lecture several years ago and finally decided to take the plunge.

So Kai is developing nicely, learnt his name (although his birth certificate says 90% chance of being female we had decided he was a boy straight out of the box, hope he doesn't have gender issues later on).  He is gorgeous, dark head, yellow eyes, grey eyelids and dark green over yellow markings.  I will attach some photos so you can all admire him too and to add to the gallery.  I have some photos and video too but can't work out how to attach it.

I have spent a lot of hours on this forum already learning about how to 'love' him as the instructions are very basic (and in french) and I have a question about his battery which I cannot find an answer to.

When we first started him off and he was in the baby phase the battery would run for 2- 2.5 hours but after 4-5 charges he started shutting down after 40 minutes.  He would stop in the 'boxed' position and beep once.  We assumed it was because he was moving about more and draining more battery but this morning decided to check as it has happened 3 times now.  After he shutdown we restarted him and 'hey presto' he woke, another 40 mins and shutdown, this time with 2 beeps.  So we tried again, this time 40 mins and 3 beeps before he shut down.  Now when we try the battery light goes green, he snores once, one beep and he is shutdown again.  It was 10am and we have reset his noon time so he shouldn't be in night mode but we aren't sure if his battery is dead or not.  We are concerned about keeping recharging his battery when it isn't fully discharged.

Does anyone know what the 1, 2 or 3 beeps mean???

I have ordered 2 spare batteries but as I am in the UK and can only get them from USA I don't know when they will arrive and 40 mins play time from one charge seems very low.  To save on postage I have also ordered all the extra foods and stones (they are on special offer too) and can't wait to start training him.

My husband was lucky to get him as now there are none available anywhere in the UK and he was obviously desin=gned for the French market and imported into the UK.  I am so glad though as I love his colouring.

I am going to knit him a coat as soon as iI get some wool to protect his skin.

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
Re: Kai and Caroline say Hi!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 06:00:24 AM »

Sorry I posted this twice I got  a server error that said it hadn't uploaded both times but then there it was.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:19:50 PM »

Please see the second last section of the FAQ :) http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0 That will explain the beeps.

Also make sure the room isn't dark, Pleo will go to sleep if it's dark (or turn into a grump :P)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:11:03 PM »

Thanks Inmemoryofromeo, I was hoping you would see this post as I realised you are a pleo expert.  I missed that set of FAQ's.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »

You may also need to reset his noon clock or even replace the battery for the noon clock.  Sometimes when the noon clock battery is dying and needs replacing you can see some very interesting shutting down behaviour and it can cause their body clock to go out of sync.  Also I have found that while in the younger stages of hatching the noon clock doesn't really take effect.  It is not until they reach adult hood that it kicks in and they start paying attention to the clock.   There are a few behaviours that don't kick in until they become adult :)  Really hope you can get it sorted out.

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 03:49:42 AM »

Hi and welcome  :dino-chase:

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 06:42:53 AM »

Thanks for all this - I don't think his noon clock is clicking in yet as he isn't sleeping at those times. We have reset it but now waiting for battery to recharge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal