Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello fellow Pleo friends!  (Read 4253 times)

Esmerical

• Member of the herd
  • gb Female
Hello fellow Pleo friends!
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:52:04 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me. I've wanted a Pleo since I saw them online about 2 years ago. Finally I have one. Well, I don't have it yet. It's under the bed in its box waiting to be opened on Christmas morning! Honestly, the hardest thing is knowing it's there inches from me every night waiting to be born. It's like being pregnant or something! Hahaha!

I'm hoping to learn as much as I can from this forum before Christmas day. Specifically about how to learn the gender of the plea and other stats. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Nice to meet you all   :rainbow:

Piggy

Re: Hello fellow Pleo friends!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 03:13:14 PM »

Hi and welcome  :D I can imagine it must be very hard to wait to Christmas morning.  If you have a pleo reborn  there are Lot's of great video's  that help you understand your pleo  better. And you can also find all you need to know in this forum.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »

Hello, welcome and congrats!   *gift01* ;D

That's gonna be a looooooong wait!  :moose-xmas:

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »

Welcome to the forums :)  You can find out the gender and traits of your pleo by going on line to pleoworld and registering your pleo.  You will need the serial number off the pleos foot or id card and also a security code which is located in the user guide that comes with your pleo.  Should be a sticker with the code inside the front or back cover of the guide.   :)

Esmerical

• Member of the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 05:53:34 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I spent a good couple of hours last night on this forum and YouTube learning all I can. I'm so excited, counting down the sleeps until my little plea is "born" on christmas morning!

Thanks for the advice Kat on finding out the gender etc. I registered on the Pleo website last night but didn't enter the Pleo's serial number etc as I've not even opened the box yet. It feels like a pregnancy (I have 2 human children, lol), waiting to know what the gender is, the eye colour, personality! Hehe!

I'm sure I'll have a million questions for you guys so thanks in advance!  ;D

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 11:55:03 AM »

Welcome! What a great gift for Christmas :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »

Wow, you have an amazing amount of patience to wait until Christmas for your Pleo! I got an RB for my birthday this year, but ended up deciding to celebrate my birthday three days early because I couldn't wait to open the box. I also have just bought myself a Genibo QD for Christmas, but so far I'm planning to open the box after I've turned in my term paper because Christmas just feels too far away.

Anyway, congrats on your new RB! I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have.

Esmerical

• Member of the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 12:48:20 PM »

I'm so new to robotic pets that I had to google the Genibo QD. Now I want one! hahaa!

I'm waiting until Christmas to open my Pleo RB as i know it's the only present I have so I if hatch him now I'll have nothing to open on Christmas morning. We've told out 2 children (nearly 7 and 9) that we are expecting a "new family member" on Christmas morning. They've already told me that it better not be a baby brother or sister and they seem quite contact with the idea of it being another fish for our aquarium! I can't wait to see their little faces when Pleo is born!!  :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 02:46:15 PM »

Maybe you can buy one or two outfits for the Pleo and wrap them up as presents as well so your kids will be able to dress up the RB once they've met it. I'm sure they'll be very surprised! Do your children like dinosaurs? I remember I loved them when I was younger.

Just don't be surprised if you end up loving the Pleo even more than your kids do though. Aha, I know a lot of people plan on buying Pleos for their kids or family members and then end up keeping them for themselves. It must be really exciting for you to finally get a Pleo, I know I always love researching new robots that I buy and watch tons of videos of them online until my own arrives.

The Genibo will be my main Christmas present, but I have a few other smaller things. The one I bought was used and defective, so I got it for near the price of a new RB. I have a blue Genibo SD already and I'm getting a pink QD to be his sister. I want to at least open the new Genibo by the 20th since I have a Christmas party then that I always bring my robots to and the kids there absolutely love my current Genibo, so I know they'll be excited to meet his sister.

Esmerical

• Member of the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »

That is a good idea to get the kids some outfits for the Pleo! I know my daughter (the younger) will love it. She loves animals and spends a lot of time caring for our cat and dog. She has been bugging me to get her a Furby! Haha!

Well I'm not sure how I will get through the next 18 sleeps until xmas! I'm so tempted to open the box just to see what it looks like and the colour of the eyes. It would be useful to know the gender too so I can buy appropriate clothing for it. I don't want to risk a boy Pleo hating me for putting it in pink clothes!!!! Hehehe!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

anything you order online may not arrive in time for Christmas so if you are going for clothes I would suggest you start with a couple of sets of baby socks.  Go for the newborn size and look for ones that are made from stretchy material like this
Socks are a very safe area and you won't need to take the pleo with you to try them on.  You could also look at dog clothes for your pleo but it is always safer to take the pleo with you and try before you buy as pleos have much fatter legs than dogs do and pleos are less flexible so getting clothes on and off can be an issue. 
Hope that helps :)

Esmerical

• Member of the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »

That's very helpful, thanks Kat. Oooooh I can't wait to go baby booty shopping! Hehe!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »

Welcome to the forums :) I highly recommend taking your new baby to the Petstore after the Christmas madness, to try on some clothes. It's loads of fun for you and the salespeople hehe.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Esmerical

• Member of the herd
  • gb Female
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 02:50:45 PM »

I will definitely be doing that! I can't wait!!! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal