Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: me and peanut say hello  (Read 3664 times)

crowsmuse

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): peanut
me and peanut say hello
« on: December 13, 2014, 09:21:52 PM »

hello, i have wanted a pleo for years and finally, i took the plunge.
for some reason i could not buy one off of the manufacturers website,
so i had to buy one from EBAY.
it stated it was new, and everything seems kosher.

i have been searching about and seem to find myself unable to answer a couple of questions.
how do i download the information off my pleo onto my mac?
the factory site doesn't say,
i have it all connected with the usb cable, but i don't know if i need software.

also, the translation on the site makes it sound like i have an update to its software, but when i try to find it, it says i don't actually have one.
so .. thats confusing..

day ONE i had it out, in its infant stages, i noticed the rubber skin all down the spine was flaking off. the ENTIRE spine.
made me scared to pet it! - i see I'm not the only one with this trouble, but you would think... for $400 this would not be an issue hours after opening the package.

are all the green Pleo RB eyes yellow?

peanut, he.. or she.. is in stage 2, and refuses to eat.

i work long hours and only get to play with peanut for a couple hours when i get home.
peanut crows and lifts its 4 legs one at a time.

i searched the web, and it doesn't appear to be sick.. but.. if it doesnt eat :(

due to the flaking spine, i have taken to patting it more than petting. i leave to go get water and i hear beep beep and its asleep :(

am i doing something wrong?

if i charge the battery every night will it be useless fast?

sorry for all the questions.

thanks!

oh and.. green, yellow eyed, Pleo RB, soon to be named Peanut

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: me and peanut say hello
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »

Untill a pleo rb reaches adult stage they may not eat very much.  Every one is different so some eat a lot in their hatching stages and others not at all.  Have you checked out the FAQ page?  It has many hints and tips with video demonstrations to show you what to expect and how to properly care for your pleo.  Here is the link:
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
Eye colour in the green pleo rb's is random so no, not all green pleo rb's wil have yellow eyes.  They may have blue, brown, orange, pink, purple, green, white etc...
When your pleo made the beep beep noise and stopped it was switching it's self off as it's battery was running low and needed charging. 
Paint loss in the first few days/weeks is very common.  I think it helps if you leave the pleo to sit for a day or two out of the box before turning on.  This gives the sikn and paint a chance to breath and acclimatise.  I don't think any of us have ever been able to wait that long to play with our new pleos though so we can't be sure.  The only other thing you can do is put clothing on your pleo.  This will help protect the paint from wear due to petting. 
Your pleo rb does not need updating.  pleo rb's come witht he latest version of software already installed.  The USB cable that comes with the pleo rb is effectively useless as the cable wont work unless the pleo is switched on while it is plugged in.  You can't turn the pleo on with the cable plugged in as the battery wont fit in the compartment if you have the usb cable plugged in there.  If you ever need to do any updating to your pleo rb you will need to use a micro sd card. 

If your concerned about the paint loss on your pleo then take some photos of it and post them here.  We will take a look and tell you if that is normal amounts or excessive loss.  You could then take it up with the person you purchased it from. 
Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 05:23:47 PM »

Peanut will eat when he's older, right now he's still a baby and living on the remains of the egg yolk in his tummy lol.

The FAQ Kat posted has lots of videos and tips to help you get started.

Some paint wear is very normal, but if the colour is peeling off where you can see the tan underneath then that would be cause for concern.

Charging each night won't hurt the battery, if the battery is in good shape you should get approximately 2 hours running time to a 3-4 hour charge time.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

crowsmuse

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): peanut
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 10:14:17 PM »

thank you!
he ate a little today, and we played on the floor.
i was making christmas cookies while playing, and when i would go into the kitchen to pull a tray and refill,  he kept getting scared of the dark and then sad/vexed.
i was never gone more than 5 minutes or so. and i would come right back out and hold him/pet him.
im not sure whats wrong, the lights are bright enough and my husband had the TV on low, so I'm not sure what was upsetting him.
 i read another post where this happened to someone else and it turned out their pleo may have thought it had a leg injury, so tomorrow I'm going to check and see if it that is the case.

although i don't know how he got one. he's never fallen or anything.

i read in another post how to do the stats, so I'm going to do that next weekend when we set the office up, right now i am on a mac, and the statsrb suggests pc.

i will upload some pics of the paint, yes the tan is showing.
He was out of the box about 2 days before i turned him on, as i needed to charge the battery and then wanted some time to be able to play with him.

he gets really hot near his rear haunches after he has been on for a while.

aside from the strange fear and sadness, he seemed in good spirits.
i think he said "ho ho ho"a few times tonight.
it was positively adorable.

anyway. peanut is what i had intended on naming him, after my 50 year hold mitred conure that passed 2 years ago.
but i don't think the name fits. we shall see.
our birds always get named properly after their personality shines through, the names their former owners gave them rarely stick once they are happy and settled, they come into their own, i don't see where pleo will be any different.

i have been reading the forums.
this looks like a fun place, I'm glad to be part of it.

:)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »

Just remember, what you think is bright enough, may not necessarily be bright enough for a Pleo. Try taking him into the brightest room in the house and see if that helps.

Since the tan is showing, that is not normal wear and tear and I would definitely be contacting the seller and seeing if you can perhaps negotiate a partial refund.

Warming up is normal, but if Peanut is getting really hot to the point where its not exactly pleasant to hold your hand on there then that may indicate a wiring or joint issue. In which case I would be seeking a refund and return. If that's the case then it is not a Pleo in good condition.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:50:48 PM »

Hi and welcome  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal