Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo not working  (Read 5206 times)

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
pleo not working
« on: December 04, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »

Sebastion, my new ugobe, just arrived. After popping in the battery and turnjng the switch, he did the usual "huh" sound. To my despair, he remained  static. Surprisingly, he repeated the "huh". Now, he continues to repeat his call, and very occasionly moves for a few moments.  Now, he is extremly slowly going into the sleeping position. What is wrong with him???

Derpity derp derp derp derp

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: pleo not working
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 06:11:22 PM »

Sounds like a bad battery to me. I think you mentioned you had another Ugobe battery you could try? See if your extra battery works. Also, try cleaning off all the contacts on the battery and inside your pleo's belly with a cue tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Let us know if this helps. I'm sure other members will have better suggestions.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »

Unfortunately, my other ugobe, and it's charger, is at the redwoods with rwm. I have requested that she be sent back, but rwm is preoccupied and has not replied. I am charging sebastion's battery now, in hopes that it will work. I also desperately need a new battery and charger, rwm isn't active, and pleoworld charges $60 to ship to me. Yikes! I need to see if anyone is willing to sell me a spare or two here. It is safer and cheaper to get one from a member than from a stranger. I have never heard of the problem I've been having. I thought they just snored when they were low on battery. Is there any chance that it is an os issue?
Derpity derp derp derp derp

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 01:14:49 AM »

That repeated 'huh' is very common with duff batteries, so I think it's the battery too.  Please don't be tempted to update the OS - it's not a good thing to try without a good, fully charged battery.  :moose-xmas:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:04:14 AM »

RWM's kitty has passed away, so give her a bit of time and space. She'll be back when she's ready.

Your battery is gone. Do not risk updating the os on a dead battery.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

Re: ugobe not working!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »

The battery is dead , so you have to buy a new one   :( I was very  lucky with my 2009 Ugobe  that the battery was in good shape it runs for a hour.  But for my 2008 Ugobe  I bought a refurbished battery.  It works fantastic and runs for a hour and a half  :D

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »

Try nursing your battery through a few charges, every time the light goes green to say it is charged take it off the charger and then put it right back on again.  Repeat this over and over until the light goes green almost right away or until you just can't be bothered doing it any more.  Then run the battery in the pleo and see if you get any more response from him.  You may be able to revive the battery enough to get a bit of play time from it. 
As IMR says RWM is grieving and may be away from us for a while.  Also you wont be able to buy a new battery from her anyway as she is no longer able to supply them.  The egg chargers and batteries have disappeared from the market.  For replacement green batteries pleoworld is your best bet or you will need to try ebay and go for a refurbished battery or the battery that works in both pleo and pleo rb. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal