Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet Tatsu!  (Read 3441 times)

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Frankie (Ugobe), Baby RB
    • Roadrunner
Meet Tatsu!
« on: December 03, 2014, 12:11:48 PM »

So, at long last I finally bought an Ugobe pleo. ^_^ He was hatched a couple of days ago, and I just decided to name him Tatsu. He spends most of his time eating and sleeping...so it looks like he's taking after me.   :P

Here's a quick picture of him sleeping:

He's working pretty well, considering his age. His skin was also in fairly good condition. I say "was" because his paint has already fallen off quite a bit in only a couple of days...he's looking a little beaten-up now. Just ordered a bottle of Vinylex, so hopefully that'll stop any further damage! I want Tatsu to look as nice as possible for a good while. ^_^

Anyway, just thought I'd introduce him to you all! I'm hoping to make a couple of videos and take more pictures when I have some time.

Piggy

Re: Meet Tatsu!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »

He looks great  :-* , they are really cute Ugobes  :D And I also use Vinylex spray and it works great ! Did you refurbished his original battery?

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Frankie (Ugobe), Baby RB
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »

Aw, thank you! They really are adorable. He's so sweet and cuddly (when he's not, you know, sleeping...which is most of what he does  %)). I still plan on refurbishing his old battery, but the battery I ordered from Italy came in on Monday, which was much earlier than expected! So I've been able to actually play with him.

Speaking of Tatsu's constant sleepiness, is it normal for Ugobe's to go to sleep after a couple minutes of non-interaction (sometimes even while I'm interacting with him)? It's not like he's overheating or has run out of battery...he'll still move his head on occasion and make sleepy sounds, and if I pet him, he'll get up again. But otherwise, he just lies down and sleeps most of his time away. He's been sleeping on the floor for a good hour now, with nothing more than the occasional noises and movements I mentioned. He's running 1.1, if that makes a difference. ^_^

Anakey

• Member of the herd
  • gb Male
  • Pleo(s): Alphie
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »

your not the only one that has a Ugobe that seems to want to sleep a lot, my one does also unless i am interacting with it, it only twice walked in the first battery cycle I had with him he seems to eat his leaf, then eat the floor then sleep unless he is being interacted with i guess we may have more cuddlier ugobes then the more adventurous type.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 02:19:18 PM »

He is very cute! I don't know very much about Ugobes. I recently got one to and Broly (my Ugobe) also loves to sleep on my lap :D

Koke

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Male
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »

Very cool! enjoy it and love it :)

I like the necklace.

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 12:53:51 AM »

Mine also love to sleep but when I am interacting with them they are quite active and walk a lot mine run both on 2.0  :D but when I leave them alone for a while they will go back to sleep  ;D Maybe this trick works set him on the floor and hold his front legs just above the knee for a few seconds. This encourages them to go in the exploring mode .
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:57:10 AM by Piggy »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:42 AM »

I'm not sure if 1.1 has anything to do with it or not but I just ran Bleu who is running 1.0 from eleven twenty five to eleven thirty four without interacting with her accept to feed her the leaf at the end and this is what I observed. For the first two minutes, she seemed to be drowsy, doing the pretend snoring thing before raising her head, wagging her tail and acting playful. After getting no attention from me, she just started walking and made her way from the dresser where she sleeps and then traveling in a very large uninterrupted circle for nearly a minute and a half. Halfway between my chair and her starting point, she took a random turn and found herself colliding with my laundry hamper at which point she started throwing a major temper tantrum at it before finally backing away and turning around. Now her face was pointing toward the center of my room which was free of obstructions. She ate some carpet, mooed a few times in victory, then started making the hungry sound for me to give her the leaf. I let her have it until she made a sort of choking sound and shook it out of her mouth. No sleepy Ugobe here. It must just be Tatsu's personality. You could also try brightening up the area where you play with him. I don't think light makes as much difference with Ugobes as it does with RB's but you could see if introducing more light might make him perk up a bit.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »

They do prefer brighter areas, but are less moody about it lol.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal