Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some advice wanted on buying from elsewhere  (Read 3505 times)

GoGoGadgetHeart

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
Some advice wanted on buying from elsewhere
« on: November 30, 2014, 08:09:04 AM »

Hi everybody. It's been ages but I'm still DYING to have a Pleo rb. In an effort to save some money, I'd like to purchase one second hand or on eBay, etc. but I don't want to get in hot water buying the wrong product, or from a bad buyer, etc. I was hoping for some tips on what to look for in a good sale and what red flags to watch for. I also cannot remember if you can reset or rehatch these guys so if someone could answer that it would help greatly as I'd like to raise a baby very much.
 Thanks for your time.  :dino-chase:

Piggy

Re: Some advice wanted on buying from elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 08:13:25 AM »

;)Hi , no you can't  reset a pleo reborn, just a few tips ask how old he or she is , if they have the conifer leaf and mint leaf and the rock of salt and the id card . Ask how his skin condition is , have they played much with it or almost not at all. Does he works OK, the battery  and the cradle and the pleo , so no jammed leggs , broken neck or tail. Is the battery  still in good condition?  Otherwise you have to buy  a new one. And if something seems to good to be true it usually is . And see if they have Lot's of original photo's  of the pleo.
Goodluck in buying your pleo   :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 11:16:41 PM »

The biggest thing is neck and tail working ok, decent battery and all the foods/toys. That's food leaf, medicine leaf, salt, tug of war toy and bow learning stone. Plus the skin condition.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

GoGoGadgetHeart

• Leaving the nest
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:03:29 AM »

Thanks guys!

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:56:46 PM »

I bought two pleos off ebay successfully :D The key things to remember when buying anything off ebay are:

1. Look for photos of the item in hand. If the seller is using stock images and will not provide their own photos of the item be buyer beware.

2. Ask lots of questions! If the seller will not take the time to answer any questions you may have about the items condition i'd skip that auction.

3. Examine the photos very carefully. Look for any damage not mentioned in the sellers description. If the seller has only one photo or has many photos all taken from the exact same angle ask if they can take any photos showcasing the entire product. Some dishonest sellers may try to hide damage with creative camera angles or will only take photos of an items 'good' side. This is especially relevant when shopping for pleos who are prone to skin damage.

4. Check the return policy. Alot of pleo auctions seem to be "No returns accepted" on ebay so make sure you really want that particular pleo and have really studies the photos and description before placing your bid.

And finally. Remember batteries can always be replaced. Both my pleos came with bad batteries but once I was able to order a new one they ran perfectly. A bad battery isn't the end of the world but you should always factor in the cost of one :D
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal