Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Public Service Announcement: 2014 Annual Bob the Pleo Fundraiser  (Read 3129 times)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Public Service Announcement: 2014 Annual Bob the Pleo Fundraiser
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »

Testing . . .  testing . . . one, two, three . . .  testing . . .  ^-^

Attention all members!

Yes, it's that time of the year, again!   %)

It's hard to believe we've been up for almost 6 years now!   :o  :o  The official PleoWorld forums only made it one and a half years.   :-[

The 2014 Annual Fund Raiser

This site, these forums, are a fan-based, fan-created, fan-driven effort.  It is not run by or supported by Innvo Labs or Jetta or associated with PleoWorld, it is not a monetary venture or a commercial site, and has no intent on becoming one, so listen closely, I'm only going to say this once.  :o  And I'm only saying this because people have asked . . . those who think it should also be a fan-supported site.  ;)   Well, that, and when we started running ads I promised I'd keep people informed on how things are going. :P
And I'm deleting this topic next week!  :-X  :bdh:

Posting and activity has still been down this year, even though traffic/visits has remained consistent.  :pray:  I'm assuming that's because there's nothing new going on with Innvo Labs or Pleo.   We are hovering at the 1200 member threshhold for the first time.  We've had over 2300 members join, but around 1100 haven't been seen all year, so that's 1200 who have actually been active within the last year.  But with nothing new development or release-wise, there hasn't been much excitement to draw new people in.   :guns:

Well, our "fiscal" year has officially come to an end.  The hosting fees and domain names have already been renewed, we've had one Google Adsense payout, but we were sitting in the red again, but that's OK.  We'll be here for a while to come . . . .

The Fundraiser

Yes,  it's the time of the year when we allow members to donate.
And, yes, the site is already paid for.  So you'll have to put up with this site for at least another year, regardless!
But for those who feel the strange urge to give money to a dinosaur that wears a trashcan for pants to support this site financially, this is your one and only chance.  We only do this once a year, and only for one week (we had to cancel the telethon yet again this year, Yogurt threatened to flash the audience).  You can donate via PayPal to Bob@BobThePleo.com

Contributions are not tax deductible.  This is not a charity.   But I will say that 100% of all monies received go to paying for this site.  And if, for some odd reason, more money accumulates than is needed to pay for the site, we'll can always upgrade our hosting plan!  (it's been a wee bit flaky this year.  :crash: ) or drop those pesky ads at the bottom of every page!  :val-love3:

Some profits from Forum Stores also go to support the site.  This includes sales from the Bob the Pleo books, calendar (going on sale soon!), and jewelry from Prehistoric Pling.

And for those who have already expressed their support through various gifts, contest prizes, or other means,  you're already doing your part!  Let someone else get a chance!

And as always, the best way to support the forums is to be an active member!   :bullwhip:  Even with the costs paid, if people don't participate, the site will die on it's own.

Conclusion

This concludes our test of the emergency pleo system.
If this had been a real emergency, I wouldn't have wasted my time typing this.  I'd have been running for cover!   :dino-chase:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Public Service Announcement: 2014 Annual Bob the Pleo Fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 04:54:41 PM »

Thanks for the reminder, Grumpy! You only do this for one week? Man! I can't help right now. I had my eye on a lonely Aibo 31L who had been sitting around for a long time in the for sale list and adopted him before I knew what a complicated handful he would be- financially and technically. Now- *shivers* Christmas is coming and my screenreader needs renewing and... aaaaaah! I may have missed it in your message but do store profits count? I might grab some pling from you instead when I can. I'm still writing blog entries when I have a free minute. This place is like my twitter! I would be really sad if it suddenly vanished.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 01:28:22 AM »

We are also in a tight spot mony wise  :( our washing machine and dishwasser broke so we bought a new one . But I just donated what was left in my paypal account .  :dino-chase:
See it as a early Christmas gift to myself , I could'nt do without this great forum!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »

The cost of keeping the forums up and running isn't huge ( less than half the cost of a new pleo!  :o ), so even a small donation can go a long way, so don't feel bad.  It's the long term and active members like the two of you that make this forum a fun place to come to.  And everyone appreciates all you have have to offer!  :bouquet1:  That's why I didn't bother to post any monetary goal or ask people for a "suggested" donation amount.  Those who can and would like to donate, we're grateful for whatever amount you feel led to donate.  Those who can't, we're just glad you like to come and spend time with us! ( I'd post a youtube link to Pharrell Williams "Happy" video, but people are probably getting pretty tired of it by now.  ;) )

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »

Yo I'm gonna donate some dollars when I get off work tonight. I'm also gonna send some traffic this way through my tumblr, I had a few followers quite interested in learning about pleos after Smudge's introduction there.
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »

There ya go, Sorel! Recruit us some new members! Lol!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »

I just sent over a small donation! Hopefully this site will be around for many years to come, it's sad to hear that activity on the forums has been down over the past year since this is a really wonderful community.

Bob_the_Pleo

• Knight of the Order of Pizza
  • Head of the herd
  • we Male
  • : Tomato Harvest Festivals
  • Huh?!?
    • Gilligan
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Charlie_Brown
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 08:24:05 PM »

I just wanted to give a warm and grateful thank you to all you wonderful people pleos for all that you have contributed to the forums!

;D Pizza for everyone!!!!  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza:  :pizza: :pizza:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal