Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pleo has problems  (Read 6477 times)

Pleo Girl

• Hatchling
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): bandit,simon
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Animal
    • Pig_Pen
pleo has problems
« on: November 08, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »

I bought a pleo yesterday and the seller said it problems  i hope it's like they dont know pleos have stages and it was in the newborn stage or what there's what they siad:
We can get this pleo to make one sound over and over and manage some movement but nothing beyond that. I'm not sure if it's battery related or something else. Being sold as is.

Comes with everything that's shown. If it's not in the pictures it will not be included.

Includes:
-Pleo
-Original battery (Possibly non-functioning?)
-Battery Charger
Original box
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:16:18 PM by Pleo Girl »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: pleo has problems
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »

Hi and welcome to the pleo forums. Congrats on your new pleo. First of all, if this came from ebay, my own experience tells me both as a buyer of Pleo and a seller of pleo items and adopted pleos. always ask questions before buying, Is this a Pleo RB, or a Ugobe Pleo, the original ones from 2007? If orginal, then it makes sense that the battery would not likely work after all this time, but new ones can be purchased..

What is wrong with pleo, a battery issue, broken neck, or a hardware or software issue? Did they post lots of photos of it? I could not read or click on the link that was in yellow. If it was written in black then perhaps I could take a look. If it is being sold AS IS, but there is not a flaw in the description such as broken neck, then if it does not work, you may get your money back. But if it is AS IS and they state does not work and they say it has a bad battery, then you can probably get the battery solved, simply by a new battery that you can buy or a refurbished one perhaps. I just need more info, and is it a RB, or a Original one.? Pleos are great fun and you can find the answers to just about anything Pleo here.
                                              RWM  :cat-hug:and the Pleo township of the REdwoods P0:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 05:20:41 PM »

If this is a Ugobe pleo then it does sound very much like a battery issue and can be solved by purchasing a new battery.  Do be aware though that there is a chance that it isn't a battery issue but you wont know until you buy a new battery and then try it out.  Did you ask the seller if they had tried another battery in the pleo at all? 

Pleo Girl

• Hatchling
  • us Female
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Animal
    • Pig_Pen
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »

yes it is an a original form 2006 and i will tell you the scoop after i get thanks here is a link =http://www.ebay.com/itm/181575756504?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 12:17:06 AM »

I'd agree on the battery, Pleo is probably saying 'huh' 'huh' 'huh' over again trying to start up, but not being able to get any further.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Pleo Girl

• Hatchling
  • us Female
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Animal
    • Pig_Pen
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »

you are right just got him today and that's what he is doing so it battery problems ^-^

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 04:02:18 PM »

Try nursing the battery for a while to see if you can revive it at all.  Put it on the charger and charge it till it goes green then take it off and put it straight back on again.  Keep repeating this until the battery goes green almost right away or until you get sick of it - which ever comes first.  Then run it in the pleo and see if it makes any difference.  If your lucky you will get a few minutes play from him.  Some batteries can be revived like this to allow some sort of play time but other are just dead and wont respond.  Ultimately you will need to get another battery for him but if you nurse it you may find you can get some life from the battery to keep you going until a new battery arrives.

Pleo Girl

• Hatchling
  • us Female
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Animal
    • Pig_Pen
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 05:33:52 PM »

ok thank you all :) :arms:
Pages: [1]   Go Up