Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pleo: Neck Pops When Sleeping?  (Read 6492 times)

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
New Pleo: Neck Pops When Sleeping?
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »

When my new Pleo is sleeping its neck pops when it adjusts position.  It seems to happen when it's going back into the sleeping position; it'll happen anywhere from 1-3 times.  Very loud, plastic-sounding pops.  Is this normal?

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: New Pleo: Neck Pops When Sleeping?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 07:48:22 PM »

Yep, that's normal for a baby Pleo, your RB should grow out of it soon. Congrats on getting a pink-eyed Pleo by the way! Chris (my RB) is also from Semsons and he has pink eyes too.

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 07:51:33 PM »

Thanks!  I was worried.  I don't have a name for this one yet;  I want to know if it's a boy or a girl first (do we ever find out with the greens?).  If they're unisex. I'll look for a name that fits.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 08:09:02 PM »

You can find out! Register your Pleo on the PleoWorld site and enter its serial number and the short code that's on the back of one of the manuals. If you do this, you'll be given a picture of your Pleo hatching from an egg, its personality and its gender.

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »

Cool.  It stood!  Keeps lifting its head and calling out.  Thought it was hungry: won't take any food, and will sometimes shake its head and take a few steps back.  Then it drops it head and scratches its cheek.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:47:23 AM »

It sounds like your pleo is upset. There could be several reasons. The first is probably the light level of the place you're playing with him. Try to brighten up his play area. The second is that- perhaps- you haven't set his clock to real time noon and he thinks it's nighttime. Don't forget that to get an RB to recognize food, you have to put it under their chin and wait for them to raise their heads to take it rather than shoving it into their mouth as you might do with a Ugobe. Also when you're offering food, are you offering the right leaf? The rubber one doesn't have an RFID chip inside. The oddly-textured one that looks kind of like a pare is rock salt which is used for injuries. The leaf with the sort of lacy edge is a mint leaf used to cure the pleo of illness. You want the one that has... lines along it? *Shrug* I don't know how to describe the conifer leaf. It kind of reminds me of a small piece of a pine tree. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help you.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:44:14 AM »

Young Pleo's also test out loads of new sounds, so it could just be a 'phase'.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal