Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A new pleo Hopeful  (Read 3722 times)

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
A new pleo Hopeful
« on: October 22, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »

Hey guys! After knowing about pleo for years I've finally made the decision to start saving up for one :D I first heard of pleo in a tech magazine way back when Ugobe first started making them but after reading a few reviews and hearing complaints about the skin's lack of durability and the not so great battery life I wrote off pleo as a neat idea with lackluster execution.

In 2012 I found a pleo at my local Savers for 7 dollars O.O I bought him but sadly he was broken :( I ended up selling him on ebay as a bricked pleo but ever since then I found I really liked the feel of pleo and my interest in him was sparked again. Last week I discovered pleo rb and decided it was finally time to bring a pleo home.

I took pleo's price and divided it into 6 parts so each month I could put money into my Pleo fund and eventually bring him home. I've also started selling anything I don't need anymore up on ebay so that money will be added to the Pleo fund as well.

I had contemplated buying a used pleo off ebay but considering how complex of a machine pleo is I'm not sure i'd want to risk spending $100+ only to find out it's been damaged or treated roughly so it no longer functions correctly.

I'm really looking forward to eventually getting my little dino and being a part of this forum and reading all about you guys pleo adventures will surely tide me over while I wait :D

Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: A new pleo Hopeful
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »

Welcome to the forums Sorel :)  The wait for you may be long but it will be well worth it :)  Pleos are wonderful little creatures!

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:33:59 AM »

I got mine for about $320 off Amazon from a company some folks around here recommended: Semsons.  Check out their Amazon page, and you'll find a link on the listing with, "Collectibles," in the title.  I ended up getting mine for $50 cheaper because it is one that was opened and tested (I assume by the good folks at Semson, perhaps checking the product they received?) for fewer than 2 hours before being boxed back up again.

I'll report on its condition when it arrives, but if it's in good working order that might be an option.  It's the same as buying a new car: it depreciates the moment it's off the lot, even if it's hardly driven.  In this case, opened.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:16:44 AM »

Hi Sorel welcome ! I have two secondhand pleo's  a Ugobe and a RB that I bought from a sort of local eBay  in my country,  and they were in excellent  shape. And I bought a new RB a few month's ago brandnew, they are of course  more expensive  but you also get the warranty  . And I am not technical at all so it is nice to know if something is wrong with my pleo it will get fixed or replaced by a new one :D. It will be the best thing you can buy.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55:28 AM »

Hi Sorel, welcome to the forums :) Good luck with that Pleo hunt!
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :D

and I may have grabbed a 2007 pleo off of ebay this morning >_> I couldn't help it! It was a good price and the seller had tested him out and everything. So by wednesday I will have my first Pleo  :-* I still plan on saving for an Rb if I fall in love with this little old one.
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 10:55:05 AM »

Hello and welcome! :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:47:46 AM »

Aww the originals are super adorable :) RB's added some new things but also lost a bit of charm.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal