Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Project and Event  (Read 3963 times)

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Tiago
  • Pleos Take Flight and never give up!
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike
    • Tiago The Pleo RB
Big Project and Event
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:15:33 PM »

I'm working on a new project :D well, i haven't REALLY started yet :( but I'm hunting for supplies to do the project.Guess what it is ;) hint: It's going to be MASSIVE, it's Doctor Who related AND it shouts ¨Exterminate!¨ what do you think it's gonna be? ;)

Tiago: "Here's my vision: Boom! Crash! Bang! KAPOW!"

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
Re: Big Project and Event
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 11:39:53 PM »

Is it a D-Rex?

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike
    • Tiago The Pleo RB
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »

a Dalek from Doctor Who :D

PERFECT for my plans for April 2015! So I have GOT to make the Dalek in time for the festivities :O

Next Year in April 2015, I'm probably heading to Dallas, Fort Worth to attend something AWESOME! :D and I'm going to build a Dalek and trundle around *probably to show myself off* but I am excited, guess where I'm going to in Dallas ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:53:07 PM by kat »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:13:29 PM »

I have merged these two topics as they seem to be about the same subject.  Please try to keep posts about the same thing in one location.  It helps everyone find it more easily and keeps all the replies in one place.  It just keeps the forum neater :)   Thanks

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike
    • Tiago The Pleo RB
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »

Hi guys, Me and Mom are going to get started on Dalek Raan very soon :) as soon as we start building our Dalek, I'll post pics during our process of building the Dalek. Soon I will post what we'll do and how we'll do it :) I haven't built anything quite like this thing XD but I'll do what I can. ask me any questions about this project and I promise I'll try to answer all of them :D I hope you guys are as excited as I am about this project :)

I'm using the Dalek autopsy and what I'm gonna do is: use some construction paper and trace out the parts as well as I possibly can, then I'll start gathering some plywood for my Dalek. As soon as that's done, I'll cut out the plywood as I had traced it to match the specific parts. Once I had cut the wood to match, I'll start to assemble Dalek Raan's parts in the correct places P??? The eye however P:( I will find a blue LED flashlight, I am going to use a Whisk for the exterminator gun, and for the sucker, I'll use P%) a brand new toilet plunger :-[ I thought that using Bronze high- gloss for the paint :palette: on Dalek Raan :) I thought wire for the neck.........thingumajig :duh:  was a good idea. I thought 3 Swivel Wheels for under the base of the Dalek would good and firm P8) since I'm going to make Raan driveable ;) Square light-bulbs for the ears might work. The hemispheres will be like I said about the wood  :D Well, it's not EXACTLY a plan :write: but this is how I picture it The Dome, Skirt, and Shoulders will all be made from plywood. The Neck will be made from tin sheet metal,the Hemispheres will be made from ball bearings, and the Cowl will be made by plastic. I think the Mesh and Slats should be made from wood into cubes and the Base should be plywood. The movement should be from pedals and 3 wheels that swirvel in a circle, the Eye should be from a Blue LED flashlight. The Weaponry and Eyepiece I've already taken care of. I would appreciate some thoughts on this :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:59:37 PM by kat »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »

Pleo1 please don't multi post, it just clutters up your topic making it long and hard to read.  If you have posted and then decide there is more you need to add but no one else has replied yet you can just modify your post to include your new info.  The modify button is at the top of each post in the thread on the right hand side.  Thanks. :)  I have taken the liberty of cleaning up the multi posts in this thread for you :)

This seems like a very big project.  I look forward to seeing the end result and hearing how it all goes :)

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike
    • Tiago The Pleo RB
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »

Thanks kat, My Mom and I haven't started yet :( but I promise we will be starting VERY soon ;) Daleks ARE very expensive to build :( His name is Dalek Raan. I have found: the eyepiece, the exterminator gun, the viewing eye, and the pedals :) I THINK I know where to get some plywood and wheels ;) the hemispheres are STILL a problem with finding right now :( but I'll figure out something. You guys, PLEASE feel free to ask me anything you want to know about Me and my Mom's Dalek project :D I promise I'll do anything I can to answer anything about it :) I love letting my friends know what they need to know about anything :D You guys are special to me :) ask me ANYTHING at all, and I'll answer if I can :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:39:55 AM »

Ebay is the best place to find miscellaneous bits and bobs, or yard sales.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 01:07:49 PM »

Hemispheres?  Why not whiffle balls?  Cut them in half and spray paint them.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »

That's a good idea. If you're looking for something without holes, I picked up a two dollar set of white plastic balls a little bigger than baseballs at my local Wal-mart for my dog to play with. If something like that suits your needs, just carefully use a sharp knife and cut through the seam along the side.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal