Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo's Camera and Sunlight  (Read 4260 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Pleo's Camera and Sunlight
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »

Hi! I'm planning to take my RB Chris with me to the New York City High Line some day this month, but I'm wondering if the sun is dangerous to the RB's camera at all. I take Chris outside a lot, but I'm usually careful to keep him in the shade. I'm asking since I know at least with the Aibo ERS-11Xs, Sony says not to let the camera be exposed to direct sunlight since that can damage it, but those cameras are extremely light sensitive, so I wasn't sure whether this applies to Pleos as well. I'll probably go on a sunny day and will be carrying Chris around, so his camera might end up facing the sun for somewhat long periods of time and I don't want to damage it. Should I cover the camera with something? If so, what would you guys suggest?

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo's Camera and Sunlight
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 12:02:47 AM »

HI, good questions and sounds like a great adventure, I don't think you have to worry much about the camera and sun damage, unless his nose, camera is facing for a long time facing the sun and very high tempertures, I would think as long as Pleo does not get overheated and does not get too hot himself, where you have to use the ice, then there should be no problem,

I would never leave any of my pleos , ugobes or rB in the sun or direct sun for too long as it is damaging to their skin. I have taken my pleos to the beaches here, for up to an hour at a time, and it is pretty overcast and not more then mid 60's most times I have taken them, but I do not leave them in one spot for long, always moving them when taking photos. If you are carrying Chris there should be no problem just remember that pleos can get overheated because of their skin, and if you need to put Chris in the shade for twenty minutes or so to cool down, then do so, You can always walk into a store or a place to eat and cool both of you off for awhile at the same time, I have never had a problem and I would like to hear about what others have done in really hot spots, I do not think you have to worry about damaging the camera, have NEVER heard any posts of camera damage.               good luck and have fun.         RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 01:45:17 AM »

My lot have been carted out and about in the sun plenty of times, no camera malfunctions yet :) I'd say it's safe.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »

Thanks for the replies! As long as the weather doesn't turn at the last moment, I'll be spending tomorrow in NYC and taking Chris to the Highline with me. There's a chance of rain early in the morning, but that's supposed to clear up by 8 am and the temperature is expected to stay in the 60s during most of the day, so that should be nice. It should be a really fun day and I'll write more about it once I'm back! Unfortunately I only have one battery for him, so I won't be able to run him for over two hours, but two hours isn't too bad.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »

Hehe it rained once while I was at the zoo with Pleo's in tow, my sister and I raced for the nearest gift shop and bought ponchos. The lady behind the counter thought it was hysterical that we were wrapping up the Dinos and not ourselves :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal