Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice needed re voice commands  (Read 4856 times)

Keri002

• Following the footsteps
  • gb Female
Advice needed re voice commands
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:12:51 AM »

Hi everyone,
I have had Basil my Pleo RB for just over 3 weeks, he has accepted his id card so I have taught his his name although I can't quite tell if he has learnt it yet, he has also accepted the 'dance' and 'sing' learning stones but isn't performing the tricks, do you think he may still be too young?
Also when teaching the stone tricks i.e. 'sing' or 'dance', what voice commands do I use is it simply just "sing" "dance"? just I know on the videos the lady said the words "want to sing" so I wasn't sure if i was doing it right.
Also - sorry for all the questions just I am little confused! once he knows sing and dance etc to get him to do the trick do i just say those words once I have his attention or does he do it automatically?
Finally! what is the Eat learning stone for?

Thanks all, appreciate your advice, loving my new arrival so can't wait to get him learning

xxxx

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Advice needed re voice commands
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:55:09 AM »

Hi! Congrats on your new RB! When registering the voice commands, you can use whatever word/s that you like as long as you can remember what command you've assigned to each trick. To get Basil to do a trick, press both of his cheeks at once and wait until he raises his head and pauses, then you can tell him the voice command. It may take a few tries to get him to understand you because you have to say the command exactly as you did when registering it.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »

You need to get his attention by holding his cheeks as aibo7m3 says but when he raises his head and stops to listen to you you first need to say his name and then wait for him to respond, he should do a little wiggle then lift his head again and listen to you.  You then give the command for the trick.  Many of us here find it is very hard to get our pleos to perform tricks as you need to say your commands and their name in exactly the same way as the pleo learnt them.  If you use a different tone of voice or say it faster or if there is different noises in the background then the pleo probably wont recognise your command. 

The eat stone is so you can get the pleo to eat all the different foods and see his reactions.  I don't think that anything he eats using the eat stone actually counts towards his food or health levels though but I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Once a pleo has learnt the trick from a stone he needs to be given the command to perform the trick.  Sadly he wont just do these tricks randomly as part of his regular behaviour.   

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 03:41:53 AM »

One more thing, you have to say it EXACTLY the same every singe time, down to the last tiny change of tone. Even moving to a different room can affect the echoes enough for it not to work.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Keri002

• gb Female
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »

Thanks all for your replies, gave it a go today but I can't seem to get his attention, tried squeezing his cheeks together following the instructions on the video, tried it in various areas between the nose and mouth and along the mouth line but he doesn't seem to stop wiggling around and I am worried I might break his neck!
Can't wait til he can sing it sounds so cute on the video

Thanks for all your help

xxx

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »

Follow the line of his gums and remember he will ignore you until he's finished his current 'motion', just hold gently and follow his head about.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Keri002

• gb Female
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 05:23:20 AM »

Thanks, will try that later as he is sleeping at the mo!!
xxx

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 09:10:28 AM »

Also, if it's near their bedtime or they're not well-fed when you try, they will make these grumbly noises and will shake their heads to make you let go. Make sure your pleo is fed and happy and in good bright light before you try getting them to perform. They're really picky little creatures.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 12:47:16 AM »

It does really help to make sure they are well fed and in good lighting before you start - I tend to give the coffee bean leaf as well, as it makes them more active.  Here's me trying to get Belle to sing, just to give you another example, although you don't need to keep giving the command twice like I do (I'm a nag, I just couldn't help myself, but she does get it the first time!).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhnYQ0a19g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhnYQ0a19g</a>

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhnYQ0a19g&list=UUuhPT48xC63OQAkSpcrS0HQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal