Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB won't start up. No green light, only one small red flash, that's it.  (Read 7806 times)

Zonestalker

• Hatchling
  • us

Hello everyone. I bought a used Pleo RB on eBay. Great shape. Like new. It ran through two complete battery cycles just fine. Now when a fully charged battery is installed (the RB battery and several of my Ugobe greens) and the power button is pressed all I get is a very weak red flash. When I press power again there is nothing unless I reinstall the battery or let the Pleo sit for a while, hit the power again and the same small flash. Never gets to green. Not enough power to start anything on the Micro SD. I'm waiting for a response from Innvo. Anyone out there have this problem? This is my first RB and I'm really disappointed.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

I've never had this problem myself but perhaps your battery is bad? Try cleaning the terminals with a cue tip with a small amount of Rubbing Alcohol on it. I don't think the Ugobe green batteries will work in the pleo RB at all. You mentioned a micro SD card. Are you using a micro SD card? The software you need is already installed. Did you try to perform an update or something?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

As Talon says the pleo rb can only use a pleo rb battery.  The Ugobe batteries wont work in your pleo rb.  How long did it take your battery to fully charge - till the light on the charger turned solid green?
I would do as Talon says and try cleaning all the silver parts of the battery, the charger and the inside of the pleo.  You could also try recharging your battery.  Maybe put the charger somewhere you can keep an eye on it so you can make sure it really is charging.  I have one charger that after about 10 mins of charging will often start flashing red which means the battery is not seated correctly and has stopped charging.  I find once I reseat the battery it goes on to charge just fine.  So it is worth keeping an eye on your charger while it is charging.  It should take between 3 and 4 hours for your battery to fully charge. 

Zonestalker

• Hatchling
  • us

I've had the battery on the charger a few times now until it turns green soon after I plug it in. If it blinks red (as with the Ugobe chargers) I plug and unplug it until it has a solid red glow. The battery reads as fully charged on a tester. I would think it would be enough power for the Pleo to at least show the solid red light meaning it's a low battery.

I had read somewhere on this site that the Ugobe batteries work but (understandably) are not as powerful or do not last as long. The RB is made to fit the old batteries, so I assume that's for a reason. I wasn't able to try it while the RB was operating so I'm can only go off of what I read online. I hope it's a bad battery, but I won't know until I find out 100% if a RB comes to life using a fully charged Ugobe battery, or until I buy another RB and try a new battery.

As far as the micro SD, I was desperate so I loaded the OS on the card to see if it would do anything. I resurrected two dead Ugobe Pleos by reinstalling the OS so I thought it would be worth a try.

Does anyone have experience with Innovo repairs? Is it even worth looking into? I can't return this to the eBay seller since it actually worked fine when I got it.   

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

It is never a good idea to update a pleo rb OS if your having battery issues.  They seem to be a lot more sensitive than the Ugobe's and updating without  a fully charged fully functioning battery can cause major issues.  If your pleos problem isn't a dud battery then it may be something to do with the wiring that connects the power supply to the pleo or an issues with the on off switch maybe.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

Let's hope it's just a bad battery. When you tried updating your Pleo RB, did you make sure to use the update labled for the pleo RB or did you use the one meant for the Ugobe pleo?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Zonestalker

• Hatchling
  • us

Yes. RB current. For certain the update has nothing to do with the condition. I spent a couple days charging and recharging the battery and searching online for a solution before I tried the reinstall. Like I mentioned, I brought back to life two ugobes that seemed 100% bricked by simply reinstalling the OS. I brought a third back by using a card to turn off the temp sensor. Three out of three so I thought I'd get lucky with the RB. Haven't heard back from Innovo yet. Don't know what to do with this guy except to wait for an RB with physical damage and swap parts. Skins in Great shape. Disappointing. I loved how much more active tht RB is.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

As far as Innvo repairs goes I don't know of anyone who has used the repair service here whose pleo was not under warranty.  It also seems that if your pleo rb is under warranty they tend to replace the whole pleo rather than repair it more often than not.  My understanding of how the repairs center works is that you have to pay shipping costs to and from them and then there is the standard fee to look at the pleo and identify the issue then there is the cost of the actual repair it'self.  So in the end depending on where you live and the cost of shipping the pleo you may well find that getting them to repair your pleo costs about the same as just buying a new one :(

You could try ordering a new pleo rb battery and see if that makes a difference. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal