Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nyan gets a makeover start at the REdwoods Township Spa  (Read 4188 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Nyan gets a makeover start at the REdwoods Township Spa
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »

Irbyma as some of you know has been very busy with school and other things in her life. awhile back she asked me if I would mind taking her Nyan, a much loved Ugobe from her ,as sh feels bad that she has just been sitting on the shelf collecting, "dust". I told her no, I would be happy to and she sent her to me. She also knew with the large township of the Redwoods, there would be no shortage of Pleo companionship. LOL P:)Nyan has a broken neck that I will attempt to fix later, but in the meantime I decided she needs a makeover a complete paint makeover. I first started cleaning her as she had lots of dust on her. Then last night, ( Midnite) I started the first in several steps of her paint makeover. She will look completely differnt when done, so just do not judge her now as she is far from done, but I wanted Irbyma to know she is starting her Pleo Makeover journey, then she will have a go at meeting the REdwoods pleo township, After all, a girl has to make a good first impression! P:-*

RWM  :cat-hug:

She may look "similiar" to this pleo I did a couple of years ago, but she is NOT going to look like this when done. ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:09:11 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

Re: Nyan gets a makeover start at the REdwoods Township Spa
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:11:36 PM »

This is something I like to try in the future when my Ugobe needs it, so you paint directly over the old paint? And what kind of paintmix do you use RWM? And do you use a paintbrush? I am really curious how she turns out your other customized pleo's are beautiful!  It is a shame you live so far away other wise I would have send you mine for a paintjob  :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 02:33:26 PM »

Hi Piggy, glad you like my pleos that are painted and hopefullly this one too. Below are my two favorite ones that I have done. Rossella and Coral. The method I use is Acrylic paints, water based and a mixture of inks, different brands, and also a very fine paint brush , oN Rossella I used dry paint pigments also, the green shiny effects and also let some of her natural paint show through, I like a mixture of acrylics and inks as it dries quick, is flexible and has a better effect. If letting some of the natural design show through , you also have great results. Sometimes less is "more" if you know what that means.     Nyan has a lot of paint loss, so she will need more instead of "less". ;)

RWM         :cat-hug:  I would always be happy to paint a Ugobe for you if you ever wanted to. Do not be afraid to try it yourself, it is fun and if you go slow, you can undo any thing you do not like, just do a small area, like around the eyes first... not so drastic!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »

Will be interesting to see how she turns out :)  I like the pink around the eyes.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »

Hi Kat, yes it will be interesting once she is done, Is going to take a bit. only because I am so busy with other things, ............including getting another Kitten, but from my own state...
 Anyway, the paint I am using LOOKS like PINK, and that is why i chose it, but it is actually called , magenta.. but LOOKS PINK! P:-[ I am also using a Lime green for the outlining, and haven't decided on the rest except I am going to redo her head in almost the same shade but very dark and bright to offset the "Pink Magenta". LOL

Kat, when are you going to Japan? Is it for vacation or related to your work? How exciting.. I am very happy for you.. I wish I could travel like that....only in the "inner worlds". dreams will take you anywhere, and you just do not want to wake up... Tell me all about it when you can!                 RWM  :cat-hug:

PS. will be posting more photos I did of her legs and more later today if time permits. :moose2:

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »

Wow! The Pleo's on the pictures are really beautiful!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 11:15:26 AM »

Ok, three updated photos of Nyans continued paint makeover. She is painted in Emerald green with lime green accents over most of body, tail and neck, head complete dark emerald green, magenta eye patches, and magenta "spots". Lime green tones as well and natural Ugobe Legs with some accents of lime and magenta. She will also have some dry pigment paint added, sparingly, no color decided yet. I will take final photos outside to show true colors, also she needs to completly dry first.  Hope you approve Irbyma, at least now her well worn "love spots" are not visible. LOL

RWM  :cat-hug:

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »

Wow she becomes more beautiful everytime we see her :D I am so curious how she looks when you are done .

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »

Awwe! I was wondering what was going on with Nyan. That's wonderful to know that she is getting a makeover and so many new friends.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »

ok, last step in coloring Nyan , dry paint pigments added to wet INKS on her body.. next step in couple of hours will be some outdoor sunshine photos to see true colors of Nyans new look. Hope you like it Irbyma. Next she will get dressed up and shown to the Redwoods Pleos and then I will plan on fixing her neck and Nova of course, but that is going to take awhile as i have never done it before! I think Nyan looks like a new happy pleo, what do you think? ;)
[smg i=9246]
              RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P:)

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »

After the inks had mostly dried and dry paint pigments used, I decided to give Nyan her outdoor shots. Poor girl at end had to take a nap in one of the cat beds it has been a busy day.
         I forgot to do the lime green lines on the body and that is the final touch, but very subtle so she more of less will look like she does but with body lining. I hope you like Nyan's makeover Irbyma. let me know what you think.               RWM  :cat-hug:

Piggy

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »

Nyan looks really happy and indeed a House filled with other pleo's she is in pleo heaven  ;D! The paint job on her looks great ...can't wait to see how she turnes out. Do you just begin painting or do you think about it first so you have a design for her in mind ?

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 03:06:40 PM »

Hi Piggy, no I don't usually think out a plan ahead of time, but I had once. I usually just think of a color idea and start while the "creatitive juices " are flowing. If I stop and think,it doesn't help and then I get backed up unable to create.. Once I start, I get ideas for tweaking colors and other ideas. Only once it turned into a mistake and I used a product I will never use again. I do like bold colors and don't usually play it safe". LOL. If I start something and do not like it, I can take the color off while it is still fresh if you know what i mean.

It is done now except for some fine lining of the body, those long lines that outline the body, neck and tail, those will be lime green very fine lines. nothing else.. Glad you like Nyan. She certainly does not look like the old Nyan, all faded out and chafed skin, Her head though will need one more coat of lime green on the forehead as the skin is so chafed or scraped looking that there is not way to totally cover it.. but you can only do so much........................RWM  :cat-hug:

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »

She.. looks.... amazing! I am SO glad i didn't sell her! If i were to sell her, I'd have no idea where she  would go, there is a chance someone may buy her for their kids, they get bored of her, an  off to the closet! This way i KNOW she is going to a good place. Good luck nyan!
Derpity derp derp derp derp

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »

At last Nyan is done, the final touches and last photos,. I decided to not use lime green on her lines on her body, they just blended in and were washed out .. so aqua instead and the same color to add some "pop" to her eye area. Now, NO MORE. Hope Nyan is happy and Irbyma approves.           RWM  :cat-hug:

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2014, 08:08:04 PM »

Sometimes, i swear pleos "smile" when the are happy and "frown" when sad. I swear she is smiling, rwm. And i am smiling a wee bit more than her =)

Piggy

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2014, 03:09:29 AM »

She looks like a new pleo  :-* I like the colors they look beautiful on her , it took the years of her LOL  :dino-chase:

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »

My goodness, yes! She was five years old when i got her, she was sold when pleos were new! I used to joke that she was bald with a moustache, as the wear made her look such!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal